CBD Armour CBD Capsules Review: Are CBD Armour capsules worth the money? We independently reviewed CBD Armour capsules and gave them a score of 5.9/10. Check out our full review below.
CBD Armour CBD Capsules
CBD Armour CBD gummies are made of broad-spectrum CBD and contain no artificial preservatives, no GMOs and no pesticides. As such, their CBD gummies have all the natural hemp extracts such as Cannabidiol (CBD), CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabicitran), as well as the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids. However they do not contain any THC, making them the perfect CBD infused sweet for those who do not want to ingest THC.
CBD Armour gummies focus on maximising the entourage effect – a physiological phenomenon wherein the properties of active hemp compounds appear to be more powerful when consumed together rather than by themselves individually – through the preservation of synergy between the plants cannabinoids, terpenoids and flavonoids.
Their CBD capsules are derived from organic hemp plants that are grown under the highest agricultural directives in Europe and CBD extracts are produced using CO2 extraction, one of the cleanest extraction methods, resulting in a high-quality CBD capsules.
CBD Armour capsules are gluten-free, organic, GMO free and lab tested for purity and potency.
Whilst CBD Armour proclaims to be the ‘leading CBD brand in the UK’ and to have their products ‘Tested by a 3rd Party’, none of these statements seem to be true. Their lack of transparency when it comes to their certificates of analysis (CoA) is a red flag as the top CBD brands we’ve tried and tested all publish their CoAs online.
If the taste of CBD oil isn’t your thing or you would prefer not to take CBD by using the dropper pipette and leaving the oil under the tongue, then you may want to check out CBD Armour capsules, as you will be able to experience all the benefits of CBD without the downsides of CBD oil.
When buying their CBD capsules, you will only have a single option. CBD Armour Capsules contain 25mg of broad-spectrum CBD encapsulated in bovine bone gelatine, making them not suitable for vegans.
Choosing capsules is a great way to get your CBD intake and it’s incredibly travel friendly, the ideal solution for those who are always on the go.
As with other CBD Armour products, their capsules contain no pesticides, herbicides, solvents or chemical fertilizers, they are sourced from organically grown, non-GMO, pesticide-free hemp plants that have been grown in the EU. They have also been independently lab tested for potency and purity.
Price wise, their 25mg CBD capsules cost £30.00 (750mg of CBD per jar).
Recommended CBD Armour Capsules
CBD Armour Capsules Efficacy
After testing CBD Armour oil 1000mg (10% concentration) earlier this year, I was keen to give their CBD capsules a go as we were slightly disappointed by the performance of their CBD oil. See CBD Armour review.
Moderate Analgesic Properties
CBD Armour capsules are a good product when it comes to their analgesic (i.e. to relieve pain) and anti-inflammatory properties. Simply take one or two capsules at a time with a glass of water or your preferred beverage.
Their CBD capsules will usually get to work relatively quickly – between 30 and 60 minutes on average – and in my case it provided me with moderate pain relief throughout the day.
By simply taking 1 capsule (25mg) immediately after a tough workout in the morning (on an empty stomach) and one more capsule (25mg) at lunchtime, I was able to reduce the inflammation and the pain in my hip. Whilst CBD isn’t a miracle cure, taking CBD Armour capsules allowed me to get on with my day without having to constantly worry or get interrupted by pain or discomfort.
Advantages of CBD Armour Capsules
- Easy to use and discreet – CBD capsules are incredibly easy to use as it is essentially the same as taking vitamin pills. It is one of the most inconspicuous way to get your daily dose of CBD as all you have to do is swallow a capsule with a glass of water.
- Precise dosage – Dosage couldn’t be easier and more precise than with CBD capsules, as each pill contain an exact amount of CBD (e.g. 10mg per capsule). Unlike CBD oil, you do not need to count how many drops you need to take.
- No nasty aftertaste – Whilst CBD oils tend to have a very earthy or grassy taste, CBD capsules are simply swallowed and do not have any taste at all. For that reason, they are an excellent alternative to CBD oils who often have a strong aftertaste.
- A great alternative – For people who do not like to put CBD oil under their tongue or for those who do not want to consume additives such as sugar present in CBD gummies, CBD capsules are a great alternative as you simply need to swallow them and do not have to chew or leave the oil under your tongue as you would with gummies or CBD oil.
- No addictive or withdrawal issues – Finally, CBD capsules are a natural remedy that can be taken by almost anyone and possesses none of the addictive or withdrawal issues that other pain management or anxiety medications may present.
Disadvantages of CBD Armour Capsules
Whilst there are quite a few advantages to getting your daily dose of CBD using CBD Armour capsules, there are unfortunately several drawbacks which are worth considering.
- Less bioavailable – the term bioavailability stands for the proportion of a drug or substance which reaches the systemic circulation. By definition, when a substance is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%. However, when the same substance is administered via other routes (e.g. mouth), its bioavailability is generally lower than that of intravenous due to the fact that it needs to go through the intestines and digestion process. For that reason, CBD oil is more bioavailable than CBD capsules as it comes into contact with the sublingual gland (under the tongue) which speeds up the process of absorption and quickly enters the bloodstream.
- Not fast acting – another problem with CBD capsules is that they are not as fast acting as CBD oil seeing as it will take some time to be processed and broken down by your digestive system. So seeing as the faster the CBD is absorbed, the sooner it can get to work, CBD capsules will usually take between 30-60 minutes to act when CBD oil takes less than 20 minutes.
- Interaction with other medications – It’s also worth noting that CBD may make it harder for your body to process certain medications, so if you are taking any other medications, be sure to check with your GP before taking CBD products.
- Minor side effects – Finally, CBD can cause side effects in some people including drowsiness, changes in mood, nausea, and changes in appetite. Every individual will be affected differently, and in most cases, there are no side effects to worry about.
CBD Armour Capsules Dosage
CBD doesn’t have one-size-fits-all dosing and calculating a proper dosage of CBD can be tough as our bodies react to it differently.
The four major factors affecting your CBD dosage are:
- Your weight
- The condition being treated (i.e. depression, chronic pain etc)
- The severity of your condition
- The concentration of the CBD capsules
Most brands recommend customers start with the lowest dose and increase until they find the right serving size that fits their needs. The most common starting amount is between 10mg and 25mg. For anxiety and depression, the dose can vary from 20mg to 50mg or more.
As a rule of thumb, a person weighting between 10.5 and 17 stones (approximately 150 and 240 lbs) may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms.
* FSA Guideline: The FSA recommends that healthy adults do not take more than 70mg of CBD daily, unless advised by a doctor.
Taking it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to see how your body reacts to it is also recommended. If you are not seeing any major benefits, increase your intake slowly every 2 or 3 days until finding the right balance to treat your personal symptoms.
How Many CBD Capsules Should I Take?
Most CBD capsules contain between 5mg of CBD and 50mg of CBD. So assuming you need to hit 25mg of CBD per day you will need:
|CBD / Capsule||Capsules / Day|
If however you are trying to hit 50mg of CBD per day, you will need:
|CBD / Capsules||Capsules / Day|
If you are trying to hit 50mg of CBD per day and use 5mg CBD capsules, you could break this down throughout the day and take 4 capsules in the morning on an empty stomach, 3 capsules early afternoon and 3 capsules in the evening.
As with everything, start with a small amount of CBD daily to make sure there’s no reaction, then increase slowly by a drop every 1-2 days until finding the right balance.
Is it Possible to Ingest Too Much CBD?
With CBD becoming an ever growing market, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) has classified CBD as a food supplement and issued a number of recommendations on its website. It is the first country in the world to set recommended limits for CBD consumption and to advise against taking CBD for vulnerable groups – including pregnant women and people taking existing medication.
For healthy adults, the FSA recommends not to take more than 70mg a day, unless it has been advised by a doctor. This advice is based on the latest scientific information available to the FSA and levels given are for an average 70kg adult so one could deduct that the FSA has set a maximum target of 1mg of CBD per kg of bodyweight.
However, it is worth noting that several studies have found CBD to be safe at higher doses.
If you want to find out more check out our CBD Dosage article.
CBD Armour Reviews
Although a number of CBD Armour claims – “leading CBD brand in the UK” or “Tested by 3rd Party” – could not be verified, CBD Armour seem to have built a decent reputation in the UK with a loyal customer base. The company has close to 300 reviews on Trustpilot, with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5. Below are some of their latest customer reviews.
“Amazing stuff. I thought when I last ran out that I would see how I went on. What a mistake! All my aches and pains and sleeplessness came back. The first night I had the drops back, all my problems just disappeared! I won’t be stopping taking CBD ever again!”
Good CBD…Why the Price Hike?
“I’d been a loyal & returning customer of CBD Armour since 2018, and during this time I only had good things to say about their products and overall level of service. This recently changed however, when two days ago I went to purchase another two 30ml bottles of their Silver CBD Oil, only to find that the price of each bottle had increased overnight from £80 to £110! I put this to them, only to be informed that this was due to the Covid Pandemic, Brexit, increase in costs, etc, which I can understand to a certain extent, but not to the extent of a £30 hike in price! Needless to say & sadly, I have decided to take my business elsewhere.”
Are CBD Armour Capsules Legal?
CBD capsules are legal in the UK as long as the plant which have been grown contain less than 0.2% of THC, the legal limit in the UK. The reason for this is that THC is known to be a psychotropic substance and limiting the amount of THC ensures that CBD is safe to consume and will not have any psychoactive effects. In other words, CBD won’t get you “high”.
You will not be arrested or fined for buying, consuming or carrying CBD products, anywhere in the UK, as long as it has less than 0.2% THC in it.
What is illegal is to grow the hemp plant(s) yourself, at home. Growth for personal use is strictly prohibited by the Misuse of Drugs Act of 1971. To do so, could result in up to 5 years in prison and/or an unlimited fine.
New Regulations & Guidelines
As CBD is eaten or drunk it falls under “novel foods”, which means that the Food Standards Agency (FSA) oversees CBD products and they can therefore enforce new laws and regulations and they have recently done so.
Since the 31st of March 2021, all CBD products must be approved by the FSA in order to be sold in the UK. Failure to do so will result in the products being removed from the shelf. This request for approval means that the exact ingredients within a CBD will be known, making it safer for the general public.
CBD Armour Capsules Lab Reports
As a CBD company, CBD Armour does not play the transparency card with their customers.
Their site claims that their CBD products are “Tested by 3rd party labs”, yet despite spending hours browsing their site and searching online, we were unable to find a single certificate of analysis.
Why is that a red flag?
Although their site claims that their CBD products contain a “guaranteed accurate concentration of CBD” or that their products are THC free, the fact that they are not publishing their certificates of analysis means that it is impossible to know with certainty what is in their CBD oil.
What Tests Should You Look For?
Many products on the market contain pesticides, herbicides, mould, fungi and dangerous mycotoxins and for these reasons, it is important to only buy CBD products that have gone through a rigorous process to ensure they are tested for quality and potency.
Most CBD brands use cutting-edge testing equipment and work with CBD laboratories to test all their CBD products and they usually allow customers to see the certificates of analysis online.
Only buy CBD products from brands which are carrying out and publishing the results of their tests, including:
- Cannabinoids Test
- Terpenes Test
- Flavonoids Test
- Heavy Metals Test
- Pesticides Test
- Microbiological Test
- Residual Solvents Test
- Mycotoxins Test
Health Benefits of CBD Capsules
The human body contains a specialized system called the ECS (the endocannabinoid system), which aim is to regulate a variety of functions such as sleep, appetite, pain and immune system response. The body also produces endocannabinoids, which are simply neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors in your nervous system.
CBD is believed to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R.
- CB1 receptors, which are located in various regions of the body, with a large concentration in the central nervous system and brain, co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions.
- CB2 receptors are more commonly found in the immune system and are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin.
Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps reduce pain, reduce inflammation as well as provide a range of other health benefits, which include:
- CBD for Pain Relief: CBD has analgesic (pain relief) properties and can help with many painful conditions such as arthritis, headache disorders, migraines, back pain or period pain.
- CBD for Sleep: CBD has a calming effect on both the mind and the body, allowing people to fall asleep more easily and stay asleep throughout the night.
- CBD for Stress: CBD helps reduce stress and calm both the body and mind, through its interaction with both the Hippocampus and the Amygdala.
- CBD for Anxiety: CBD has both anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties, and can be a great alternative to anxiety medications which have known side-effects.
- CBD for Headaches: CBD reduces the frequency of headaches as well as reduce stress and improve sleep, two major triggers of headaches. But CBD also has strong analgesic (pain relief) and antiemetic (prevent vomiting) properties which can help people with headache disorders during an attack.
- CBD for Arthritis: CBD has antiarthritic, analgesic (pain relief) as well as anti-inflammatory properties and as such is a great option for people suffering from arthritis.
- CBD for Cancer: CBD helps relieve some of the symptoms of cancer as well as reducing the side of effects of cancer medication such as nausea, vomiting and pain.
- CBD for Epilepsy: CBD helps reduce the frequency and intensity of seizures in epileptic patients, and may also counteract some of the side effects of traditional anti-epileptic.
Best CBD Capsules? Read Our Reviews
If you want to buy good quality CBD capsules, check-out our other CBD capsule reviews below or take our CBD Quiz which has been designed specifically to identify the product and strength that is best suited to your personal needs: