Naturecan CBD oil is made of broad-spectrum CBD and has the support of athletes including ex-cricketer Freddie Flintoff and ex-football player Jamie Redknapp. Check out our recommendations for the best CBD oils from Naturecan.
Naturecan CBD Oil
Unlike other companies who have primarily developed full-spectrum CBD products, Naturecan have focused on THC, THCa, THCv and CBDa free product ranges with an emphasis on broad-spectrum CBD and products containing a powerful amount of CBG (5% CBG and 5% CBD oil).
Their broad-spectrum CBD oil has all the natural hemp extracts such as CBN (Cannabinol), CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabitriol), as well as the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids, but is THC free, making it the perfect option for athletes or those undergoing frequent drug testing.
For their broad-spectrum CBD, Naturecan have focused on maximising the entourage effect – a physiological phenomenon wherein the properties of active hemp compounds appear to be more powerful when consumed together rather than by themselves individually – through the preservation of synergy between the plants cannabinoids, terpenoids and flavonoids.
Their products are all derived from organic hemp plants that are grown under the highest agricultural directives in the US (Oregon) and the company use an Ethanol extraction process to produce their broad-spectrum CBD oils.
Naturecan joined the Association for The Cannabinoid Industry (ACI) and the Centre for Medicinal Cannabis (CMC) to help build a better supply chain and raise the standards of the CBD industry in the UK.
Naturecan CBD oil is vegan friendly, gluten-free, organic, GMO free, lab tested and contains no THC, CBN & THCV, ensuring you get the purest CBD possible.
Naturecan CBD is the perfect option for athletes and those going through regular drug tests, as it’s a broad-spectrum product that contains no THC!
Although Naturecan only launched in May 2019, they have developed one of the widest and most comprehensive range of products available in the market which is simply impressive for such a young company. This is certainly down to the fact that serial entrepreneur Andrew Duckworth is behind the business and is pushing to create a health brand rather than just a CBD brand.
They have focused on a comprehensive range of quality broad-spectrum products which are ideal for customers looking for THC free options.
Naturecan CBD Oil
The most popular product in the Naturecan range is their broad-spectrum CBD oil which is made with CBD from organically-grown US hemp (Oregon). Apart from CBD, the other ingredients are broad-spectrum terpenes and organic MCT oil (Medium Chain Triglyceride), which allows for a more effective and diffused absorption.
As a CBD broad-spectrum CBD product, it contains all the natural hemp extracts such as CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) or CBT (Cannabicitran), as well as any of the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids. However, it’s THC, CBN & THCv free, meaning that you get no THC but still benefit from the entourage effect coming from other cannabinoids.
Their broad-spectrum CBD oil is available in eight different strengths and come in 10ml bottles:
|CBD / Drop*
*Amount of CBD oil per drop = 0.025ml
When comparing the price and strength of their broad-spectrum CBD products, going for a higher potency works out cheaper in the long run as a person using 20g of CBD per day will spend £0.74 per day using their 40% CBD oil and £1.36 per day when using their 2.5% oil, a saving of 45% when going for the higher potency oil.
Naturecan CBG Oil
If you want a truly differentiated oil, you may want to check out Naturecan’s CBG oil (Cannabigerol) which is known as the “mother of all cannabinoids”.
For those of you who need a crash course in Cannabinoids, CBG is the original molecule found within the cannabis plant which all other cannabinoids, including CBD, are derived from. So CBG is not usually present in broad and full spectrum products as it is converted to CBD and other minor cannabinoids within the hemp plant as it grows.
However, by harvesting the plants early and developing their own extraction technology, the CBG has not yet had a chance to transform into other cannabinoids and they can harness its full power.
Why CBG instead of CBD? Recent studies have suggested that CBG has strong anti-inflammatory properties and binds incredibly well, possibly better than CBD, with both CB1 and CB2 receptors in our Endocannabinoid System (ECS). This helps enhance the effect of CBG on the endocannabinoid system, which has a direct impact on our mood, our sleep, appetite, or pain.
By developing a CBG only products which only contain CBG and MCT oil, as well as incorporating CBG in existing CBD oil with a 1:1 ratio, meaning that their 1000mg bottle will contain 500mg of CBD and 500mg of CBG, Naturecan hopes to drive the efficacy of its oil.
As the harvesting and extraction is slightly different, CBG products tend to be a little more expensive than their CBD counterparts. Their 10% CBG oil and 20% CBG oil retail at £64.99 and £109.99 respectively. In comparison, the equivalent CBD oils retail at £54.99 (10%) and £99.99 (20%) so you’ll have to spend an extra £10 per bottle to get your hands on their CBG oil.
Best Naturecan CBD Oils
Naturecan CBD Oil Efficacy
As we cannot test every single CBD oil from Naturecan, we opted for their 1000mg CBD Oil (10% concentration with organic MCT oil carrier) which contains all the terpenes, flavonoids and cannabinoids, but is THC free, and as such benefits from the entourage effect.
During the two-week period, we took 20mg of CBD in the morning on an empty stomach, followed by 10mg at lunchtime and a further 10mg an hour before bedtime, giving us a total of 40mg of CBD per day.
So how well did Naturecan broad-spectrum CBD oil perform?
Naturecan CBD Oil for Pain Relief
Naturecan 10% broad-spectrum CBD oil has excellent analgesic (i.e. to relieve pain) and anti-inflammatory properties. The oil is left under the tongue for 30-60 seconds and absorbed quickly into the bloodstream. It gets to work within 30 minutes and in my case it has allowed me to completely stop taking traditional pain killers as it has provided me with the pain relief I hoped for from day one.
By taking 5 drops (20mg) of their 10% broad-spectrum CBD oil immediately after a tough workout in the morning (on an empty stomach), an additional 2.5 drops (10mg of CBD) just before lunch and 2.5 drops before bedtime, I experienced a significant reduction of my pain levels throughout the day.
In that respect, it has allowed me to simply just get on with my day without worrying too much about hip pain or discomfort. I’ve been able to remain active throughout the two weeks I’ve taken their CBD oil and even on days where I increased my physical activity, I was able to perform with little to no discomfort.
Immediately after I stopped taking Naturecan 10% broad-spectrum CBD oil at the end of the two-week product test, I noticed that my hip slowly started to be painful and stiff again, especially first thing in the morning and after my daily workout. After two or three days of not taking their CBD oil, the pain and discomfort had returned and my sleep was disrupted due to the pain, which clearly shows that Naturecan CBD products work. Period.
As a broad-spectrum oil, this product is on par with Bud & Tender broad-spectrum CBD oil as both products provided me with amazing pain relief.
Naturecan CBD Oil for Stress & Sleep
Whilst I experienced additional effects with other CBD in our Top 10, such as reduced stress and anxiety as well as better sleep, I did not experience any of those health benefits during our two-week test.
This could simply be a by-product of what was happening the week I tested their CBD oil. My work schedule was a little quieter than usual and I had returned to the gym the week prior, meaning that I had an outlet to release my stress and that I would usually feel tired in the evening and not struggle to go to sleep.
I did however experience less muscle pain the day after my workouts and I was full of energy, so it may be that taking their CBD allowed me to recover faster. We’ve written an interesting article on the effects of CBD and in particular the link between CBD and muscle recovery.
Naturecan CBD Oil Taste
Whilst the most popular way to consume CBD is by using CBD tincture (oil), they often have a more earthy, nutty, woody or grass-like taste which is down to the fact the product is natural, safe, and non-toxic.
Taste: A Nice Flavour Profile
When we first started taking Naturecan 10% CBD oil, we noticed that the colour of the oil is quite light, almost yellow(ish), which suggested a more palatable CBD oil. After taking it for two weeks, it is fair to say that the taste of hemp does come through but it is not too overpowering compared to full-spectrum CBD oil.
The pleasant taste can be explained by a few factors:
- MCT oil: The oil carrier can play a major role in the taste of a CBD oil and since Naturecan CBD uses MCT oil instead of Hempseed oil, it does help with the taste as you do not have the bitter and earthy taste of the hemp coming through when you put in under your tongue.
- Extraction Method: Unlike most of the other UK CBD companies who focus on CO2 extraction, Naturecan uses an alcohol extraction process in the form of ethanol. This may affect the flavour profile of their CBD oil, but it is hard to say to what extent exactly.
- Broad-Spectrum: broad-spectrum CBD oils go through an additional refinement process which removes the unwanted THC, waxes, and chlorophyll. By removing the waxes and chlorophyll, the oil becomes a lot more palatable.
So all in all, Naturecan is not a bad tasting product at all and it’s a lot more palatable than some of the other full-spectrum CBD oils in our Top 10. Taste-wise, we’d say it’s on par with Provacan who also is quite gentle on the palette.
Naturecan CBD Oil Value for Money
Naturecan CBD oil does not only perform well from an efficacy and taste standpoint, but it’s also quite an affordable product which comes in the middle of the pack when compared to other CBD oils in our Top 10.
A person between 150 and 240 lbs may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms. A 10ml bottle of their 1000mg CBD oil (retail: £54.99) will therefore last between 25 and 50 days and cost between £1.10 and £2.20 per day (with free shipping), which we think is good value for money. It’s not the cheapest CBD on the market, but it’s definitely not the most expensive either, so we feel that based on its efficacy, this is fairly priced.
Based on 20mg of CBD per day, here’s how the Top 10 CBD brands stack-up in terms of daily cost:
|Four Five CBD
|Bud & Tender
So heavy CBD users will need to place an order with Naturecan every month or so, whilst mild users may be able to push this to 2 months.
Note: At the time of writing, Naturecan had a 20% discount, bringing the cost of their 10% CBD oil to just over £43.99 instead of £54.99.
Subscription Plans Available (Save 35%)
When ordering, you can go for a single bottle at the full retail price, or to get a better rate, choose one of their subscription plans. The savings are the same no matter what plan you choose giving 35% off on the single unit price.
|Price / Bottle
Advantages of Naturecan CBD Oil
- Increased bioavailability – One of the main advantages of CBD oil over other products is the fact that CBD oil increases bioavailability – which means the amount of product that can be directly used by your body. The faster the CBD is absorbed, the sooner it can get to work. Gummies and edibles will take some time to be processed and broken down by your digestive system, making oil the fastest way to gain the benefits of CBD. When placed under the tongue, it comes into contact with the sublingual gland which speeds up the process of absorption and quickly enters the bloodstream.
- Easy to Consume – When taken orally, CBD oil is very easy to consume and it also gives you the ability to use doses of the exact strength required thanks to the individual droplets.
- Topical Use – CBD oil can in some instances be applied topically to treat joint pain or reduce problems associated with acne. While other forms of CBD can treat these issues, oil can be specifically applied to certain areas to target the treatment.
- No Sugar – When CBD is used in the form of gummies, chocolate or other edible products, it may not be in the best health interests of the person to eat such products. For example, people suffering from diabetes will need to carefully manage the food that they eat, and therefore CBD oil may be a better option.
- No addictive or withdrawal issues – Finally, CBD gummies are a natural remedy that can be taken by almost anyone and possesses none of the addictive or withdrawal issues that other pain management or anxiety medications may present.
Disadvantages of Naturecan CBD Oil
Whilst there are mainly advantages in using CBD oil to get your daily dose of CBD using, there are unfortunately a few drawbacks which are worth considering.
- Earthy or Grassy Taste – CBD oil can have a very earthy or grassy taste which some will find unappealing. Although CBD oil is one of the fastest-acting forms of CBD, the flavour can deter many from using it to its full potential, and flavoured CBD oils or other forms of CBD such as edibles or capsules may be more palatable.
- Less Convenient – If you need to take CBD while in a public place, using CBD oil can be much less discreet than using edibles. While using CBD is not something that you need to hide, using a dropper to place the oil under your tongue may not be the most practical option when out an about, in which case capsules, gummies or other edibles may be preferred.
- Interaction with other medications – It’s also worth noting that CBD may make it harder for your body to process certain medications, so if you are taking any other medications, be sure to check with your GP before taking CBD products.
- Minor side effects – Finally, CBD can cause side effects in some people including drowsiness, changes in mood, nausea, and changes in appetite. Every individual will be affected differently, and in most cases, there are no side effects to worry about.
Naturecan CBD Oil Dosage
CBD doesn’t have one-size-fits-all dosing and calculating a proper dosage of CBD can be tough as our bodies react to it differently.
The four major factors affecting your CBD dosage are:
- Your weight
- The condition being treated (i.e. depression, chronic pain etc)
- The severity of your condition
- The concentration of CBD oil
Most brands recommend customers start with the lowest dose and increase until they find the right serving size that fits their needs. The most common starting amount is between 10mg and 25mg. For anxiety and depression, the dose can vary from 20mg to 50mg or more.
As a rule of thumb, a person weighting between 10.5 and 17 stones (approximately 150 and 240 lbs) may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms.
When using CBD for the first time, we would always recommend starting with a one of two drops of the 3% or 6% CBD oil placed under the tongue (sublingual) and holding it there for at least 30 seconds so it can absorb into the bloodstream.
Taking it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to see how your body reacts to it is also recommended. If you are not seeing any major benefits with a single drop, increase your intake by a single drop every 2 or 3 days until finding the right balance to treat your personal symptoms.
How Many Drops of Naturecan CBD Oil Should You Take?
Whilst it may be confusing at the beginning, it’s incredibly simple to work out how many drops of CBD oil you need to take depending on your daily requirements and the strength of the product you bought.
Most bottles of CBD oil contain 10ml of product and come in strengths ranging from 300mg to 2,400mg – also known as 3% and 24% CBD oils. This simply means that in a 1ml drop of the 300mg bottle, you will have 30mg of CBD, whilst the same 1ml of the 2,400mg bottle will give you 8 times that amount for a total of 240mg of CBD.
So assuming you need to hit 25mg of CBD per day with a 10ml bottle, you will need:
|CBD / Bottle
|CBD / Drop
Assuming you are using the 500mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you will need to take approximately 20 drops per day (25mg divided by 1.25mg per drop). You could break this down throughout the day by taking 8 drops first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, 6 drops early afternoon and 6 drops at night before going to bed.
If however you bought the 2400mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you would only need to take 4 drops per day (25mg divided by 6mg per drop), which you could also spread across the day – 2 in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.
As with everything, start with a small amount of CBD oil daily to make sure there’s no reaction, then increase slowly by a drop every 1-2 days until finding the right balance.
If you want to find out more check out our CBD Dosage article.
Naturecan CBD Oil Reviews
By focusing on developing a comprehensive range of quality broad-spectrum products which have been priced fairly, Naturecan has built a great customer base. They have hundreds of customer reviews on Reviews.io with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5. Below are some of their latest customer reviews.
CBD Oil for Sleep & Anxiety
“For any sceptics out there can I just point out that I was once right there with you! But, after decades of consistently poor and broken sleep, long spells of insomnia and having tried herbal ‘sleep aides’, alcohol, exercise, you name it; something had to give. Using Nature Can CBD oil as a sleep aide has literally turned it all upside down! Not just that but it’s aides with anxiety, post exercise recovery, helps me with niggles and aches that plague me as a result of historic spinal surgery and generally getting older! Read the research; decide for yourself. I don’t recommend anything unless I mean it so, if you’re on the fence, get down off it!”
Great After the Gym
“I thought I’d give this oil a try and I’ve noticed the health benefits after a few days of improved mood, concentration and restful sleep. Would give 5* if it became a bit more affordable!”
– S. Mistry
Naturecan CBD Oil Lab Reports
As a CBD company, Naturecan plays the transparency card with their customers. They guarantee that the product you are purchasing contains the exact amount of CBD advertised on their site, without any THC (the intoxicating compound in cannabis). Naturecan joined the Association for The Cannabinoid Industry (ACI) and the Centre for Medicinal Cannabis (CMC) to help build a better supply chain and raise the standards of the CBD industry in the UK.
Since many CBD products contain pesticides, herbicides, mould, fungi, dangerous mycotoxins and not the amount of CBD or THC advertised on their site, Naturecan CBD are working closely with Evio Labs and Green Leaf Labs, two US based companies offering analytical testing for CBD products.
In addition to being sourced and extracted from the highest-grade certified organic US hemp, they guarantee that their products are 100% organic and free of synthetic ingredients.
They allow customers to see their Certificates of Analysis online by going to the certificates of analysis page, which breaks down the potency of cannabinoids. The tests available to customers do not however highlight the presence of terpenes and flavonoids, as well as the absence of heavy metals, mycotoxins, pesticides or microbes, which we think is a shame but pretty standard in the industry.
The certificate of analysis for their Broad-Spectrum 1000mg CBD oil can be found here.
Health Benefits of Naturecan CBD Oil
The human body contains a specialized system called the ECS (the endocannabinoid system), which aim is to regulate a variety of functions such as sleep, appetite, pain and immune system response. The body also produces endocannabinoids, which are simply neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors in your nervous system.
CBD is believed to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R.
- CB1 receptors, which are located in various regions of the body, with a large concentration in the central nervous system and brain, co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions.
- CB2 receptors are more commonly found in the immune system and are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin.
Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps reduce pain, reduce inflammation as well as provide a range of other health benefits, which include:
- CBD for Pain Relief: CBD has analgesic (pain relief) properties and can help with many painful conditions such as arthritis, headache disorders, migraines, back pain or period pain.
- CBD for Sleep: CBD has a calming effect on both the mind and the body, allowing people to fall asleep more easily and stay asleep throughout the night.
- CBD for Stress: CBD helps reduce stress and calm both the body and mind, through its interaction with both the Hippocampus and the Amygdala.
- CBD for Anxiety: CBD has both anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties, and can be a great alternative to anxiety medications which have known side-effects.
- CBD for Headaches: CBD reduces the frequency of headaches as well as reduce stress and improve sleep, two major triggers of headaches. But CBD also has strong analgesic (pain relief) and antiemetic (prevent vomiting) properties which can help people with headache disorders during an attack.
- CBD for Arthritis: CBD has antiarthritic, analgesic (pain relief) as well as anti-inflammatory properties and as such is a great option for people suffering from arthritis.
- CBD for Cancer: CBD helps relieve some of the symptoms of cancer as well as reducing the side of effects of cancer medication such as nausea, vomiting and pain.
- CBD for Epilepsy: CBD helps reduce the frequency and intensity of seizures in epileptic patients, and may also counteract some of the side effects of traditional anti-epileptic.
Take the CBD Quiz
If after reading this guide you are still not sure if Naturecan CBD oil is right for you, simply take our CBD Quiz which has been designed specifically to identify the product and strength that is best suited to your personal needs.
You can also check-out our other CBD oil reviews below: