Love CBD oil is one of the best quality full-spectrum CBD oils in the UK and uses a spray instead of a dropper pipette. Check out our recommendations for the best CBD oils from Love CBD.
Love CBD Oil
Love CBD oil is made of full-spectrum CBD and contains no artificial preservatives, no GMOs and no pesticides. As a full-spectrum product, their CBD products have all the other all-natural hemp extracts such as CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabicitran), as well as the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids. As a full-spectrum CBD oil, their products contain traces of THC (the limit in the UK being 0.2%).
All their CBD oils focus on maximising the entourage effect – a physiological phenomenon wherein the properties of active hemp compounds appear to be more powerful when consumed together rather than by themselves individually – through the preservation of synergy between the plants cannabinoids, terpenoids and flavonoids.
Their products are all derived from organic hemp plants that are grown under the highest agricultural directives in Europe and the company use a CO2 extraction process to produce their full-spectrum CBD oil.
Unlike other companies who have focused on offering CBD oil in bottles with dropper pipettes, Love CBD have switched to sprays as they believe they are better, less fiddly and more convenient than dropper pipettes. However, they do allow customer to choose the oil delivery method on the checkout page, so customer who prefer dropper pipettes to sprays can request this when placing an order, which we think is a really nice touch and gives customers more control.
Love CBD oil is vegan friendly, gluten-free, organic, GMO free, lab tested and contains minimal amounts of THC, CBN & THCV, ensuring you get the purest CBD possible with little THC.
With an average review score of 4.8 on Trustpilot, across more than 4,000 verified customers, Love CBD is one of the most rated CBD brands in the UK and one of our Top 10!
In the CBD oil range, Love currently focuses on three different strengths for their full-spectrum entourage oil spray – from 800mg (4%) to 2,000mg (10%).
Their full-spectrum tinctures are made from organically-grown EU hemp, contain Olive oil (oil carrier), have all the natural hemp extracts such as CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabicitran), as well as the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids. They also contain small amounts of THC, CBN & THCV, ensuring you get the purest CBD possible with a legal amount of THC.
As highlighted in the ‘taste’ section, it is worth noting that their CBD oil is crafted from multiple strains of cannabis grown on farms all around Europe (Holland, France etc) as opposed to a single strain. By combining different strains, grown in different climates, it does not only have the potential to increase the effectiveness of the cannabis oil, but also to alter the flavour profile to make it more palatable.
Their full-spectrum CBD oil is available in three different strengths and come in 20ml bottles which explains the dilluted concentration when compared to 10ml bottles:
|CBD (mg)||%||CBD / Spray*|
*Amount of CBD per Spray = 0.16ml
When comparing the price and strength of their CBD products, going for a higher potency works out cheaper in the long run as a person using 20g of CBD per day will spend £1.00 per day using their 10% CBD oil and £1.22 per day when using their 4% oil, a saving of 18% when going for the higher potency oil.
Love CBD ‘Dutch’ CBD Oil
On top of their entourage CBD oil, Love CBD have developed a ‘Dutch’ CBD line, a lower potency and therefore cheaper CBD oil, made from Holland’s finest quality cannabis. As we haven’t tried this product we cannot comment on its efficacy, but looking purely at the concentrations (0.77%, 1.5% and 2.5%), it would appear as this is simply the low concentration oils offered by Love CBD.
As for their claim that it is a cheaper product that their entourage CBD oil, based on 20mg of CBD per day, these will cost you between £1.16 per day for the 500mg bottle and £1.33 per day for the 150mg bottle, so still more expensive than their 2000mg CBD oil.
Best Love CBD Oils
Love CBD Oil Efficacy
As we cannot test every single CBD oil from Hempura, we opted for their 2000mg CBD entourage oil spray (10% concentration with olive oil carrier), which contains all the terpenes, flavonoids and cannabinoids and trace amounts of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), and as such benefits from the entourage effect.
During the two-week period, we took 20mg of CBD in the morning on an empty stomach, followed by 10mg at lunchtime and a further 10mg an hour before bedtime, giving us a total of 40mg of CBD per day.
So how well did Love CBD full-spectrum oil perform?
Love CBD Oil for Pain & Inflammation
Love CBD entourage oil spray has excellent analgesic (i.e. to relieve pain) and anti-inflammatory. The oil is sprayed under the tongue, kept there for 30-60 seconds and absorbed quickly into the bloodstream. It gets to work within 30 minutes and in my case it has allowed me to completely stop taking traditional pain killers as it has provided me with the pain relief I hoped for from day one.
By taking 2 sprays (32mg) of their 10% CBD entourage oil immediately after a tough workout in the morning (on an empty stomach) and an additional spray (16mg of CBD) just before lunch, I have experienced an incredible reduction of my pain levels.
It may be that by using a spray rather than a dropper, the actual amount of CBD consumed is greater as I had less control on the volume taken.
Seeing as I would usually take 20mg of CBD in the morning, taking 2 sprays meant that my intake was 50% greater than other products we have tested, which could explain the perceived efficacy of the product. As a full-spectrum oil, this product is on par with the other full-spectrum CBD oils in our Top 10, all of which have provided me with amazing pain relief.
In that respect, Love CBD has allowed me to simply just get on with my day without worrying too much about hip pain or discomfort. I’ve been able to remain active throughout the two weeks I’ve taken their CBD oil and even on days where I increased my physical activity, I was able to perform with little to no discomfort.
Immediately after I stopped taking Love CBD 10% oil at the end of the two-week product test, I noticed that my hip slowly started to be painful and stiff again, especially first thing in the morning and after my daily workout. After two or three days of not taking their CBD oil, the pain and discomfort were back during the day and my sleep was disrupted due to the pain, which clearly shows that Love CBD oil works. Period.
Love CBD Oil for Sleep, Mood & Stress
It also has relaxing and calming properties which presents a couple of benefits.
- Improved Sleep: By taking one spray (16mg) of their CBD just before going to bed, we have observed that the oil not only allows you to drift to sleep faster, but also to stay asleep throughout the night. It has helped us feel more refreshed in the morning which was a nice outcome of this product test.
- Improved Mood: By getting a better night’s sleep, we’ve felt in a better mood and more capable of dealing with the little things of our everyday lives.
- Reduced Stress: By activating the serotonin receptor, the CBD may also help reduce overall stress. So if you are someone suffering from stress, be it work-related stress or the fear of flying, then you may want to try Love CBD oil as it could help you keep your stress under control.
So if your aim is to use CBD oil for pain relief – conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, headache disorders – or to reduce stress and improve your sleep, then we would highly recommend you check out Love CBD oils.
Love CBD Oil Taste
Whilst the most popular way to consume CBD is by using CBD tincture (oil), they often have a more earthy, nutty, woody or grass-like taste which is down to the fact the product is natural, safe, and non-toxic.
Very Good Flavour Profile
When we first started taking Love CBD 10% entourage oil, we did not pay too much attention to the colour of the CBD oil which is often an indicator of how strong the oil may be – the darker the oil, the stronger the taste. However, as we opted for a spray instead of a dropper, we did not get to see the oil itself since you don’t need to unscrew the spray from the bottle, so we did not know what to expect.
After taking it for two weeks, it is fair to say that their CBD has quite a nice flavour profile – for a natural CBD oil that is. When swallowing the oil after leaving it under the tongue for 30-60 seconds, you will certainly get an earthy taste in your mouth, which might remain in your throat for 5-10 minutes, but it really isn’t bad at all.
Now, we expect all unflavoured CBD oils to have this natural hemp flavour, but Love CBD is a little more gentle on the palette when compared to other CBD brands in our Top 10!
This could be down to three factors:
- Olive Oil Carrier: The oil carrier can play a major role in the taste of the CBD oil, and since Love CBD uses Olive oil instead of Hempseed oil, it gives the oil a more gentle flavour profile.
- Spray: The fact that the oil is delivered via a spray rather than drops may also play a role in the oil being more palatable. By using a spray, the diffusion of the oil in the mouth is more spread out and with finer particles, which may ultimately reduce the potency of the oil.
- Multiple Strains: The other aspect to consider is the fact that unlike many other CBD brands which focus on one CBD strain and farm (e.g. Colorado), Love CBD oil is crafted from multiple strains of cannabis grown on farms all around Europe. By combining different strains, grown in different climates, it does not only has the potential to amplify and increase the effectiveness of the cannabis oil, but also to alter the flavour profile to make it more palatable.
Note: Love CBD also launched a Dutch CBD oil spray (150mg to 500mg in 20ml bottles), which comes from Holland’s finest quality cannabis. Being a single strain CBD oil, it would be interesting to try this product to see the flavour profile differs from their standard product.
Love CBD Oil Value for Money
Not only do we think that Love CBD has developed a CBD oil that is efficient and great tasting, but they’ve also sensibly priced their products which makes them great value for money.
A person between 150 and 240 lbs may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms. A 20ml bottle of their 2000mg CBD entourage oil spray (retail: £99.99) will therefore last between 50 and 100 days and cost between £1.00 and £2.00 per day (with free shipping), which we think is quite good value especially when compared to other CBD brands in our Top 10.
Based on 20mg of CBD per day, here’s how the Top 10 CBD brands stack-up in terms of daily cost:
|Four Five CBD||6%||£107.99||£1.08|
|Bud & Tender||10%||£80.00||£1.60|
So heavy CBD users will need to place an order every 7 weeks, whilst mild users may be able to push this to 3 months.
In terms of how it compares to other brands in our Top 10, we think that its a good option although it may not be the most suitable CBD oil if your condition is severe or painful, as you may need to increase your overall daily consumption which could result in the cost per day getting well over the £2.00 mark.
Advantages of Love CBD Oil
- Increased bioavailability – One of the main advantages of CBD oil over other products is the fact that CBD oil increases bioavailability – which means the amount of product that can be directly used by your body. The faster the CBD is absorbed, the sooner it can get to work. Gummies and edibles will take some time to be processed and broken down by your digestive system, making oil the fastest way to gain the benefits of CBD. When placed under the tongue, it comes into contact with the sublingual gland which speeds up the process of absorption and quickly enters the bloodstream.
- Easy to Consume – When taken orally, CBD oil is very easy to consume and it also gives you the ability to use doses of the exact strength required thanks to the individual droplets.
- Topical Use – CBD oil can in some instances be applied topically to treat joint pain or reduce problems associated with acne. While other forms of CBD can treat these issues, oil can be specifically applied to certain areas to target the treatment.
- No Sugar – When CBD is used in the form of gummies, chocolate or other edible products, it may not be in the best health interests of the person to eat such products. For example, people suffering from diabetes will need to carefully manage the food that they eat, and therefore CBD oil may be a better option.
- No addictive or withdrawal issues – Finally, CBD gummies are a natural remedy that can be taken by almost anyone and possesses none of the addictive or withdrawal issues that other pain management or anxiety medications may present.
Disadvantages of Love CBD Oil
Whilst there are mainly advantages in using CBD oil to get your daily dose of CBD using, there are unfortunately a few drawbacks which are worth considering.
- Earthy or Grassy Taste – CBD oil can have a very earthy or grassy taste which some will find unappealing. Although CBD oil is one of the fastest-acting forms of CBD, the flavour can deter many from using it to its full potential, and flavoured CBD oils or other forms of CBD such as edibles or capsules may be more palatable.
- Less Convenient – If you need to take CBD while in a public place, using CBD oil can be much less discreet than using edibles. While using CBD is not something that you need to hide, using a dropper to place the oil under your tongue may not be the most practical option when out an about, in which case capsules, gummies or other edibles may be preferred.
- Interaction with other medications – It’s also worth noting that CBD may make it harder for your body to process certain medications, so if you are taking any other medications, be sure to check with your GP before taking CBD products.
- Minor side effects – Finally, CBD can cause side effects in some people including drowsiness, changes in mood, nausea, and changes in appetite. Every individual will be affected differently, and in most cases, there are no side effects to worry about.
Love CBD Oil Dosage
CBD doesn’t have one-size-fits-all dosing and calculating a proper dosage of CBD can be tough as our bodies react to it differently.
The four major factors affecting your CBD dosage are:
- Your weight
- The condition being treated (i.e. depression, chronic pain etc)
- The severity of your condition
- The concentration of CBD oil
Most brands recommend customers start with the lowest dose and increase until they find the right serving size that fits their needs. The most common starting amount is between 10mg and 25mg. For anxiety and depression, the dose can vary from 20mg to 50mg or more.
As a rule of thumb, a person weighting between 10.5 and 17 stones (approximately 150 and 240 lbs) may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms.
When using CBD for the first time, we would always recommend starting with a one of two drops of the 3% or 6% CBD oil placed under the tongue (sublingual) and holding it there for at least 30 seconds so it can absorb into the bloodstream.
Taking it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to see how your body reacts to it is also recommended. If you are not seeing any major benefits with a single drop, increase your intake by a single drop every 2 or 3 days until finding the right balance to treat your personal symptoms.
How Many Drops of Love CBD Oil Should You Take?
Whilst it may be confusing at the beginning, it’s incredibly simple to work out how many drops of CBD oil you need to take depending on your daily requirements and the strength of the product you bought.
Most bottles of CBD oil contain 10ml of product and come in strengths ranging from 300mg to 2,400mg – also known as 3% and 24% CBD oils. This simply means that in a 1ml drop of the 300mg bottle, you will have 30mg of CBD, whilst the same 1ml of the 2,400mg bottle will give you 8 times that amount for a total of 240mg of CBD.
So assuming you need to hit 25mg of CBD per day with a 10ml bottle, you will need:
|CBD / Bottle||CBD / Drop||# Drops|
Assuming you are using the 500mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you will need to take approximately 20 drops per day (25mg divided by 1.25mg per drop). You could break this down throughout the day by taking 8 drops first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, 6 drops early afternoon and 6 drops at night before going to bed.
If however you bought the 2400mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you would only need to take 4 drops per day (25mg divided by 6mg per drop), which you could also spread across the day – 2 in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.
As with everything, start with a small amount of CBD oil daily to make sure there’s no reaction, then increase slowly by a drop every 1-2 days until finding the right balance.
If you want to find out more check out our CBD Dosage article.
Love CBD Oil Reviews
By focusing on developing a small range of high-quality full-spectrum CBD products, pricing the fairly, delivering their products in a timely fashion and offering great customer support, Love CBD has built one of the best CBD brands in the UK and has a loyal customer base. The company has over 4000 verified reviews on Trustpilot, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5, making it one of the best scores from a UK CBD brand. Below are some of their latest customer reviews.
CBD Oil for My Joint Pain
“I use this spray for my joint pain . It makes such a difference to my pain level. I have been buying it for a while now and it always arrives on time and in good condition thank you.”
Incredible Pain Relief
“I’m 56 yrs old and suffered lower back pain for over 30 yrs. everything has been tried to help me with this over the years, different painkillers, ibuprofen scans exercises. These things helped a little, but as I have got older the pain is more chronic and lasts longer ( 14weeks) my last episode! Nothing was touching it. Then I used this product, recommended from a friend, wow within a week the pain was reduced 80% I’m off the painkillers and ibuprofen! It’s amazing! All though I know my back problems will all ways be there the relief from pain is incredible. I hope it works for you as well as it as for me.”
– N. Kennerley
Love CBD Oil Lab Reports
As a CBD company, Love CBD plays the transparency card with their customers. They guarantee that the product you are purchasing contains the exact amount of CBD advertised on their site, without any THC (the intoxicating compound in cannabis).
Since many CBD products contain pesticides, herbicides, mould, fungi, dangerous mycotoxins and not the amount of CBD or THC advertised on their site, Love CBD are working closely with Eurofins, an international company offering analytical testing for CBD products.
In addition to being sourced and extracted from the highest-grade certified organic EU hemp, they guarantee that their products are 100% organic and free of synthetic ingredients.
They allow customers to see their Certificates of Analysis online by going to their lab results page, which breaks down the potency of cannabinoids. The tests available to customers do not however highlight the presence of terpenes and flavonoids, as well as the absence of heavy metals, mycotoxins, pesticides or microbes, which we think is a shame but pretty standard in the industry.
The certificate of analysis for their Full-Spectrum 2000mg entourage CBD oil can be found here.
Health Benefits of Love CBD Oil
The human body contains a specialized system called the ECS (the endocannabinoid system), which aim is to regulate a variety of functions such as sleep, appetite, pain and immune system response. The body also produces endocannabinoids, which are simply neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors in your nervous system.
CBD is believed to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R.
- CB1 receptors, which are located in various regions of the body, with a large concentration in the central nervous system and brain, co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions.
- CB2 receptors are more commonly found in the immune system and are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin.
Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps reduce pain, reduce inflammation as well as provide a range of other health benefits, which include:
- CBD for Pain Relief: CBD has analgesic (pain relief) properties and can help with many painful conditions such as arthritis, headache disorders, migraines, back pain or period pain.
- CBD for Sleep: CBD has a calming effect on both the mind and the body, allowing people to fall asleep more easily and stay asleep throughout the night.
- CBD for Stress: CBD helps reduce stress and calm both the body and mind, through its interaction with both the Hippocampus and the Amygdala.
- CBD for Anxiety: CBD has both anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties, and can be a great alternative to anxiety medications which have known side-effects.
- CBD for Headaches: CBD reduces the frequency of headaches as well as reduce stress and improve sleep, two major triggers of headaches. But CBD also has strong analgesic (pain relief) and antiemetic (prevent vomiting) properties which can help people with headache disorders during an attack.
- CBD for Arthritis: CBD has antiarthritic, analgesic (pain relief) as well as anti-inflammatory properties and as such is a great option for people suffering from arthritis.
- CBD for Cancer: CBD helps relieve some of the symptoms of cancer as well as reducing the side of effects of cancer medication such as nausea, vomiting and pain.
- CBD for Epilepsy: CBD helps reduce the frequency and intensity of seizures in epileptic patients, and may also counteract some of the side effects of traditional anti-epileptic.
Take the CBD Quiz
If after reading this guide you are still not sure if Love CBD oil is right for you, simply take our CBD Quiz which has been designed specifically to identify the product and strength that is best suited to your personal needs.
You can also check-out our other CBD oil reviews below: