Bud & Tender CBD oil is one of the best broad-spectrum CBD oil available in the market and by far one of the best tasting ones! Check out our recommendations for the best CBD oils from Bud & Tender.
Bud & Tender CBD Oil
Bud & Tender CBD oil is made of broad-spectrum CBD and contains no artificial preservatives, no GMOs and no pesticides. As a broad-spectrum product, their CBD products have all the other all-natural hemp extracts such as CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabicitran), as well as the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids which can be found in full-spectrum CBD, but they do not contain any THC.
Their Hemp is grown in the US and they are one of the only companies using both a CO2 and ethanol extraction process to produce their broad-spectrum CBD oil.
Bud & Tender is a member of the British Hemp Alliance, whose aim is to create a thriving domestic hemp industry, and is also the only CBD oil recommended to patients and members of the UK Cannabis Social Clubs, a not for profit Non-Government Organisation founded in 2011.
As a broad-spectrum CBD, their focus has been on maximising the entourage effect – a physiological phenomenon wherein the properties of active hemp compounds appear to be more powerful when consumed together rather than by themselves individually – through the preservation of synergy between the plants cannabinoids, terpenoids and flavonoids.
Their CBD oil is vegan friendly, gluten-free, organic, GMO free, lab tested and is free from THC, CBN & THCV, ensuring you get the purest CBD possible with 0% THC. This is the ideal product for those interested in CBD but worried about THC consumption.
Bud & Tender is hands down one of the best broad-spectrum CBD oils on the market! It has excellent pain relief and anti-inflammatory properties, works great to reduce stress and anxiety and will help you drift to sleep more easily at night.
Whilst Bud & Tender have been in business since 2017, they have only focused on developing broad-spectrum premium CBD oils and have made a conscious effort to stay away for other products such as CBD gummies, CBD capsules or CBD topicals.
To date, Bud & Tender offers 4 different strengths for their CBD oil, which can be purchased in either 10ml or 30ml bottles:
|CBD / Drop*
*Amount of CBD oil per drop = 0.025ml
When comparing the price and strength of their CBD oils, going for a higher potency works out cheaper in the long run as a person using 20g of CBD per day will spend £1.80 per day using their 5% CBD oil and £1.26 per day when using their 40% oil, a saving of 30% when going for the higher potency oil.
We love the fact that Bud & Tender have decided to be excellent at one thing rather than chasing more revenue by developing other products, which may provide lower bioavailability.
We would have liked however to see a range of CBD capsules, which would be the preferred choice for those who do not like taking CBD oil sublingually and also offers a more discreet and convenient way of taking CBD especially when travelling or in public.
Best Bud & Tender CBD Oils
Bud & Tender CBD Oil Efficacy
As we cannot test every single CBD oil from Bud & Tender, we opted for Bud & Tender 10% CBD oil (10% concentration with organic MCT oil carrier), which contains all the all-natural hemp extracts such as Cannabidiol (CBD), CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabitriol), as well as any of the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids which can be found in full-spectrum products. As such, it does benefit from the entourage effect. However, it is 100% THC-free.
During the two-week period, we took 20mg of CBD in the morning on an empty stomach, followed by 10mg at lunchtime and a further 10mg an hour before bedtime, giving us a total of 40mg of CBD per day.
So how well did Bud & Tender broad-spectrum CBD perform?
Bud & Tender CBD Oil for Pain Relief
Bud & Tender 1000mg CBD oil is an excellent product when it comes to its analgesic (i.e. to relieve pain) and anti-inflammatory properties. This is without a doubt one of the best products on the market. The oil is left under the tongue for 30-60 seconds and absorbed quickly into the bloodstream. It gets to work within 30 minutes and in my case it provided me with incredible pain relief day in and day out throughout the duration of our product test.
By taking 20mg of their 10% CBD oil immediately after a tough workout in the morning (on an empty stomach), an additional 10mg of CBD at lunchtime and 10mg of CBD just before bedtime, I have experienced an incredible reduction of my pain levels. Whilst this is a broad-spectrum CBD oil, this product is up there with the best full-spectrum CBD oils and the best broad-spectrum CBD oils we’ve had a chance to test over the last few years.
In that respect, their CBD oil has allowed me to just simply get on with my day without worrying too much about hip pain or discomfort. I’ve been able to remain active throughout the two weeks I’ve taken their CBD oil and even on days where I increased my physical activity, I was able to perform with little to no discomfort. Best of all, I was able to stop taking traditional painkillers, which is a win in my book when you know how bad these are for you.
Immediately after I stopped taking their 10% CBD oil at the end of the two-week product test, I noticed that my hip slowly started to be painful and stiff again, especially first thing in the morning and after my daily workout. After two or three days of not taking their CBD oil, the pain and discomfort were back during the day and my sleep was disrupted due to the pain, which clearly shows that their CBD oil just works. Period.
As a final point, it would be interesting to test their higher concentration products, especially Bud & Tender 20% CBD oil and Bud & Tender 40% CBD oil as arthritis of the hip joint is incredibly painful and it would be good to see how higher strength products perform in comparison to their 10% concentration. One for our next review.
Bud & Tender for Anxiety, Stress & Sleep
So how did Bud & Tender CBD oil perform when it comes to managing anxiety, reducing stress or simply getting a good nigh sleep? No surprisingly, their CBD performed incredibly well in all those departments.
CBD is known to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R. CB1 receptors co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions. While CB2 receptors are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin.
Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps relieve stress and other medical conditions.
By taking their CBD, I have found that my overall stress levels came down despite having a lot on my mind at the time, and it’s also allowed me to not only fall asleep faster in the evening, but also stay asleep throughout the night. So if insomnia, stress or anxiety are impacting your daily life, I would highly recommend you check out their CBD oils.
If you suffer from stress on a day-to-day basis, it’s worth knowing that CBD may help reduce overall stress by activating the serotonin receptor. We’ve certainly felt calmer throughout the day so whilst the analgesic properties of their CBD could have been better, it certainly did a great job when it came down to stress and anxiety.
Bud & Tender CBD Oil Taste
Whilst the most popular way to consume CBD is by using CBD tincture (oil), they often have a more earthy, nutty, woody or grass-like taste which is down to the fact the product is natural, safe, and non-toxic.
Taste: Excellent Flavour Profile
After taking Bud & Tender 10% CBD oil for two weeks, it is fair to say that it has one of the best flavour profiles when compared to other CBD brands in our Top 10 and it is actually quite palatable. The first thing we noticed is that their CBD oil is incredibly light, almost translucent, and has a slight hint of green. In our experience, a lighter colour often indicates a more palatable CBD oil and in the case of Bud & Tender, this was definitely the case.
When swallowing the oil after leaving it under the tongue for 30-60 seconds, you will barely get a grass-like taste in your mouth and we’d say that the main flavour that comes through is that of the organic MCT oil, which is actually quite pleasant.
The second positive news when it comes to the taste of their CBD oil is that you will not experience any bitter aftertaste. As soon as you swallow your saliva after leaving the oil under your tongue, the taste of the oil disappears almost instantly!
Now whilst we expect all unflavoured CBD oils to have a strong natural hemp flavour and potentially a bitter aftertaste, we have to admit that Bud & Tender did an amazing job when it comes to the flavour profile of their CBD oil.
This probably explains why, unlike other CBD brands, they have not launched flavoured CBDs as there’s absolutely no need to add flavouring to a product that already tastes great!
Bud & Tender CBD Oil Value for Money
Whilst we love Bud & Tender 10% CBD oil for its efficacy and its taste, we have to recognise that their CBD oils are a little on the pricey side.
A person between 150 and 240 lbs may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms. A 10ml bottle of their 1000mg CBD oil (retail: £80.00) will therefore last between 25 and 50 days and cost between £1.60 and £3.20 per day (with free shipping), which we think is on the more expensive side, especially when compared to other CBD brands in our Top 10.
Based on 20mg of CBD per day, here’s how the Top 10 CBD brands stack-up in terms of daily cost:
|Four Five CBD
|Bud & Tender
So heavy CBD users will need to place an order every 3 weeks, whilst mild users may be able to push this to 6 weeks.
Advantages of Bud & Tender CBD Oil
- Increased bioavailability – One of the main advantages of CBD oil over other products is the fact that CBD oil increases bioavailability – which means the amount of product that can be directly used by your body. The faster the CBD is absorbed, the sooner it can get to work. Gummies and edibles will take some time to be processed and broken down by your digestive system, making oil the fastest way to gain the benefits of CBD. When placed under the tongue, it comes into contact with the sublingual gland which speeds up the process of absorption and quickly enters the bloodstream.
- Easy to Consume – When taken orally, CBD oil is very easy to consume and it also gives you the ability to use doses of the exact strength required thanks to the individual droplets.
- No Sugar – When CBD is used in the form of gummies, chocolate or other edible products, it may not be in the best health interests of the person to eat such products. For example, people suffering from diabetes will need to carefully manage the food that they eat, and therefore CBD oil may be a better option.
- No addictive or withdrawal issues – Finally, CBD gummies are a natural remedy that can be taken by almost anyone and possesses none of the addictive or withdrawal issues that other pain management or anxiety medications may present.
Disadvantages of Bud & Tender CBD Oil
Whilst there are mainly advantages in using CBD oil to get your daily dose of CBD using, there are unfortunately a few drawbacks which are worth considering.
- Earthy or Grassy Taste – CBD oil can have a very earthy or grassy taste which some will find unappealing. Although CBD oil is one of the fastest-acting forms of CBD, the flavour can deter many from using it to its full potential, and flavoured CBD oils or other forms of CBD such as edibles or capsules may be more palatable.
- Less Convenient – If you need to take CBD while in a public place, using CBD oil can be much less discreet than using edibles. While using CBD is not something that you need to hide, using a dropper to place the oil under your tongue may not be the most practical option when out an about, in which case capsules, gummies or other edibles may be preferred.
- Interaction with other medications – It’s also worth noting that CBD may make it harder for your body to process certain medications, so if you are taking any other medications, be sure to check with your GP before taking CBD products.
- Minor side effects – Finally, CBD can cause side effects in some people including drowsiness, changes in mood, nausea, and changes in appetite. Every individual will be affected differently, and in most cases, there are no side effects to worry about.
Bud & Tender CBD Oil Dosage
CBD doesn’t have one-size-fits-all dosing and calculating a proper dosage of CBD can be tough as our bodies react to it differently.
The four major factors affecting your CBD dosage are:
- Your weight
- The condition being treated (i.e. depression, chronic pain etc)
- The severity of your condition
- The concentration of CBD oil
Most brands recommend customers start with the lowest dose and increase until they find the right serving size that fits their needs. The most common starting amount is between 10mg and 25mg. For anxiety and depression, the dose can vary from 20mg to 50mg or more.
As a rule of thumb, a person weighting between 10.5 and 17 stones (approximately 150 and 240 lbs) may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms.
When using CBD for the first time, we would always recommend starting with a one of two drops of the 3% or 6% CBD oil placed under the tongue (sublingual) and holding it there for at least 30 seconds so it can absorb into the bloodstream.
Taking it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to see how your body reacts to it is also recommended. If you are not seeing any major benefits with a single drop, increase your intake by a single drop every 2 or 3 days until finding the right balance to treat your personal symptoms.
How Many Drops of Bud & Tender CBD Oil Should You Take?
Whilst it may be confusing at the beginning, it’s incredibly simple to work out how many drops of CBD oil you need to take depending on your daily requirements and the strength of the product you bought.
Most bottles of CBD oil contain 10ml of product and come in strengths ranging from 300mg to 2,400mg – also known as 3% and 24% CBD oils. This simply means that in a 1ml drop of the 300mg bottle, you will have 30mg of CBD, whilst the same 1ml of the 2,400mg bottle will give you 8 times that amount for a total of 240mg of CBD.
So assuming you need to hit 25mg of CBD per day with a 10ml bottle, you will need:
|CBD / Bottle
|CBD / Drop
Assuming you are using the 500mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you will need to take approximately 20 drops per day (25mg divided by 1.25mg per drop). You could break this down throughout the day by taking 8 drops first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, 6 drops early afternoon and 6 drops at night before going to bed.
If however you bought the 2400mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you would only need to take 4 drops per day (25mg divided by 6mg per drop), which you could also spread across the day – 2 in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.
As with everything, start with a small amount of CBD oil daily to make sure there’s no reaction, then increase slowly by a drop every 1-2 days until finding the right balance.
If you want to find out more check out our CBD Dosage article.
Bud & Tender CBD Oil Reviews
By focusing on a single product line (CBD oil) and the development a high-quality broad spectrum CBD extracts, Bud & Tender has built a great reputation and has a loyal customer base. The company has close to 400 verified reviews on Trustpilot, with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5, making it one of the best rated CBD brands in the market. Below are some of their latest customer reviews.
Excellent CBD Oil
“I felt the effect of your CBD oil within an hour of taking it. My mood improved and the anxiety faded away. I felt I could cope with life again and now intend to take it every day. Thank you”
Helped with Knee Pain
“Thought I would give CBD oil a try for various health issues and am using different brand currently but not sure if it is for me, hence got free sample to try from yourselves. Very clean and high quality oil and seemed to help with knee pain which I was pleased with. Don’t know if CBD oil is right thing for me and not been taking for very long, but would recommend for others to give it a try.”
Bud & Tender CBD Oil Lab Reports
As a CBD company, Bud & Tender plays the transparency card with their customers and is a member of the British Hemp Alliance, whose aim is to create a thriving domestic hemp industry. As such, they have made a clear commitment to raising the bar of the quality of CBD products available in the UK.
Since many CBD products contain pesticides, herbicides, mould, fungi and dangerous mycotoxins, Bud & Tender are working closely with ACS Laboratory, a leading provider of Cannabis and HEMP/CBD laboratory testing services in Florida, to test all their CBD oils.
In addition to being sourced and extracted from the highest-grade certified organic US hemp, they guarantee that their products are 100% organic and free of synthetic ingredients.
They allow customers to see their Certificates of Analysis online, which break down the potency of cannabinoids, the presence of terpenes and flavonoids, as well as the absence of heavy metals, mycotoxins, pesticides or microbes.
The certificate of analysis for their Broad-Spectrum 10% CBD Oil can be found here.
Health Benefits of Bud & Tender CBD Oil
The human body contains a specialized system called the ECS (the endocannabinoid system), which aim is to regulate a variety of functions such as sleep, appetite, pain and immune system response. The body also produces endocannabinoids, which are simply neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors in your nervous system.
CBD is believed to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R.
- CB1 receptors, which are located in various regions of the body, with a large concentration in the central nervous system and brain, co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions.
- CB2 receptors are more commonly found in the immune system and are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin.
Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps reduce pain, reduce inflammation as well as provide a range of other health benefits, which include:
- CBD for Pain Relief: CBD has analgesic (pain relief) properties and can help with many painful conditions such as arthritis, headache disorders, migraines, back pain or period pain.
- CBD for Sleep: CBD has a calming effect on both the mind and the body, allowing people to fall asleep more easily and stay asleep throughout the night.
- CBD for Stress: CBD helps reduce stress and calm both the body and mind, through its interaction with both the Hippocampus and the Amygdala.
- CBD for Anxiety: CBD has both anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties, and can be a great alternative to anxiety medications which have known side-effects.
- CBD for Headaches: CBD reduces the frequency of headaches as well as reduce stress and improve sleep, two major triggers of headaches. But CBD also has strong analgesic (pain relief) and antiemetic (prevent vomiting) properties which can help people with headache disorders during an attack.
- CBD for Arthritis: CBD has antiarthritic, analgesic (pain relief) as well as anti-inflammatory properties and as such is a great option for people suffering from arthritis.
- CBD for Cancer: CBD helps relieve some of the symptoms of cancer as well as reducing the side of effects of cancer medication such as nausea, vomiting and pain.
- CBD for Epilepsy: CBD helps reduce the frequency and intensity of seizures in epileptic patients, and may also counteract some of the side effects of traditional anti-epileptic.
Bud & Tender Discount
Best CBD Oils Compared
Alternatively, check-out our other CBD oil reviews below or take our CBD Quiz which has been designed specifically to identify the product and strength that is best suited to your personal needs: