Provacan CBD oil is made of full-spectrum CBD and it is the first CBD oil to be Kosher certified in the UK. Check out our recommendations for the best CBD oils from Provacan.
Provacan CBD Oil
Provacan CBD oil is classified as full-spectrum CBD and contains no artificial preservatives, no GMOs and no pesticides. As a full-spectrum product, their CBD products have all the other all-natural hemp extracts such as CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabicitran), as well as the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids. Provacan CBD oil is vegan friendly, gluten-free, organic, lab tested and contains only trace amounts of THC, CBN & THCV (under the 0.2% UK limit ) ensuring you get the purest CBD possible.
Their CBD has been developed in collaboration with scientists and research leaders in Israel, the epicentre of cannabis R&D.
For their full-spectrum CBD, Provacan have focused on maximising the entourage effect – a physiological phenomenon wherein the properties of active hemp compounds appear to be more powerful when consumed together rather than by themselves individually – through the preservation of synergy between the plants cannabinoids, terpenoids and flavonoids.
Their products are all derived from organic hemp plants that are grown under the highest agricultural directives in the Europe and the company use a CO2extraction process to produce their CBD oils.
Provacan has been a solid player in the CBD market and remains to this day one of our favourite CBD oils as their full-spectrum CBD oil is excellent for pain relief and has a mild flavour profile.
Since launching their CBD oil in 2016, Provacan have developed a wide range of products including CBD gummies, CBD capsules, CBD vape pens, or CBD topicals. To date, Provacan offers the following products.
In the CBD oil range, Provacan currently focuses on three different strengths for their full-spectrum CBD oil – from 600mg (6%) to 2,400mg (24%) – one of the highest concentrations of any hemp extract in the UK.
Their full-spectrum tinctures are made from organically-grown EU hemp, contain Olive oil (oil carrier), have all the natural hemp extracts such as CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabicitran), as well as the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids. They also contain small amounts of THC, CBN & THCV, ensuring you get the purest CBD possible with a legal amount of THC.
As highlighted in the ‘taste’ section, it is worth noting that their CBD oil is crafted from multiple strains of cannabis grown on farms all around Europe (EU and UK) as opposed to a single strain. By combining different strains, grown in different climates, it does not only have the potential to increase the effectiveness of the cannabis oil, but also to alter the flavour profile to make it more palatable.
Their full-spectrum CBD oil is available in four different strengths and come in 10ml bottles:
|CBD (mg)||%||CBD / Drop*|
*Amount of CBD oil per drop = 0.025ml
When comparing the price and strength of their CBD oils, going for a higher potency works out cheaper in the long run as a person using 20g of CBD per day will spend £1.66 per day using their 3% CBD oil and £1.00 per day when using their 24% oil, a saving of 40% when going for the higher potency oil.
Beyond their CBD oils, and for those looking for high strength CBD products, we’d highly recommend checking out Provacan CBD Paste which contains 2500mg of CBD in each 5ml syringe (50% concentration), delivering 100mg of CBD per 0.2ml (1 serving).
Best Provacan CBD Oils
Provacan CBD Oil Efficacy
As we cannot test every single CBD oil from Provacan, we opted for Provacan 12% CBD oil (12% concentration with olive oil carrier), which contains all the other all-natural hemp extracts such as CBN (Cannabinol), CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabitriol), as well as the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids. As a full-spectrum oil, it also contains traces of THC (less than 0.02%) and it benefit from the entourage effect.
During the two-week period, we took 20mg of CBD in the morning on an empty stomach, followed by 10mg at lunchtime and a further 10mg an hour before bedtime, giving us a total of 40mg of CBD per day.
So how well did Provacan full-spectrum CBD oil perform?
Provacan CBD Oil for Pain Relief
Provacan CBD oil 1200mg is an excellent product when it comes to its analgesic (i.e. to relieve pain) and anti-inflammatory properties. This is one of the first products we tested and to this day it remains one of the best products on the market. The oil is left under the tongue for 30-60 seconds and absorbed quickly into the bloodstream. It gets to work within 30 minutes and in my case it provided me with incredible pain relief day in and day out throughout the duration of our product test.
By taking 20mg of their 12% CBD oil immediately after a tough workout in the morning (on an empty stomach), an additional 10mg of CBD at lunchtime and 10mg of CBD just before bedtime, I have experienced an incredible reduction of my pain levels. This CBD oil is up there with the best full-spectrum CBD oils we have tested to date on CBD Unboxed and both myself and the team still use it quite regularly.
When it comes to hip pain and discomfort, their CBD oil has allowed me to just simply get on with my day. I’ve been able to remain active throughout the two weeks I’ve taken their CBD oil and even on days where I increased my physical activity, I was able to perform although I did experience so minor discomfort. I was also able to stop taking traditional painkillers, which is a win in my book when you know how bad these can be for you over the long run.
Immediately after I stopped taking their 12% CBD oil at the end of the two-week product review, I noticed that my hip slowly started to be painful and stiff again, especially first thing in the morning and after my daily workout. After two or three days of not taking their CBD oil, the pain and discomfort were back during the day and my sleep was disrupted due to the pain, which clearly shows that their CBD oil just works. Period.
Whilst the 12% concentration did a pretty good job when it comes to pain relief, it would be interesting to test Provacan 24% CBD oil to see how it performs especially when increasing daily physical activity.
Perfect to Reduce Stress & Improve Sleep
So how did their CBD perform when it comes to reducing stress or simply getting a good night sleep? No surprisingly, their CBD performed quite well in those two departments.
CBD is known to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R. CB1 receptors co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions. While CB2 receptors are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin.
Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps relieve stress and other medical conditions.
By taking their CBD, I have found that my overall stress levels came down despite having a lot on my mind at the time, and it’s also allowed me to not only fall asleep faster in the evening, but also stay asleep throughout the night. So if insomnia or stress are impacting your daily life, I would highly recommend you check out Provacan’s website.
Provacan CBD Oil Taste
Whilst the most popular way to consume CBD is by using CBD tincture (oil), they often have a more earthy, nutty, woody or grass-like taste which is down to the fact the product is natural, safe, and non-toxic.
Taste: Very Good Flavour Profile
Although our first impression of Provacan 12% CBD oil was that it had quite an earthy taste, this is simply because Provacan is the first CBD oil we ever tried and tested. Having reviewed over 100 CBD oils since, we can now compare the taste of their oil to others and can say that that it has quite a nice flavour profile for a full-spectrum oil. As a matter of fact, we’d say it’s one of the Top 10 CBD oils in terms of taste when compared to other CBD brands we’ve tried and tested.
The first thing we noticed is that their CBD oil is quite dark, which in our experience indicates a stronger CBD oil which has a very earthy or grassy taste. That being said, when swallowing the oil after leaving it under the tongue for 30-60 seconds, you will barely get a grass-like taste in your mouth and we’d say that the main flavour that comes through is that of the olive oil, which isn’t bad at all.
The second positive news when it comes to the taste of their CBD oil is that you will not experience any bitter aftertaste. As soon as you swallow your saliva after leaving the oil under your tongue, the taste of the oil disappears almost instantly.
So all in all, whilst we expect all natural full-spectrum CBD oils to have a strong natural hemp flavour and potentially a bitter aftertaste, we have to admit that Provacan did an amazing job when it comes to the flavour profile of their CBD oil.
Provacan CBD Oil Value for Money
Not only do we love Provacan 12% CBD oil for its efficacy and its taste, but we also have to recognise it’s relatively well priced.
A person between 150 and 240 lbs may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms. A 10ml bottle of their 1200mg CBD oil (retail: £69.99) will therefore last between 30 and 60 days and cost between £1.17 and £2.34 per day (with free shipping), which we think is good value for money when compared to other CBD brands in our Top 10.
Based on 20mg of CBD per day, here’s how the Top 10 CBD brands stack-up in terms of daily cost:
|Bud & Tender||10%||£80.00||£1.60|
So heavy CBD users will need to place an order every month, whilst mild users may be able to push this to 2 months.
When looking at the efficacy of their product and their pricing, Provacan CBD oil offers great value for money, especially since this is a 12% oil which is a little stronger than most of the 10% oils we’ve tested.
If however you are on a budget and want to spend less than £1 per day on your CBD, you may want to check out other CBD reviews for the likes of Medterra or Honest Hemp.
Advantages of Provacan CBD Oil
Provacan CBD oil has many advantages over other CBD products such as CBD capsules or CBD gummies.
- Increased bioavailability – One of the main advantages of CBD oil over other products is the fact that CBD oil increases bioavailability – which means the amount of product that can be directly used by your body. The faster the CBD is absorbed, the sooner it can get to work. Gummies and edibles will take some time to be processed and broken down by your digestive system, making oil the fastest way to gain the benefits of CBD. When placed under the tongue, it comes into contact with the sublingual gland which speeds up the process of absorption and quickly enters the bloodstream.
- Easy to Consume – When taken orally, CBD oil is very easy to consume and it also gives you the ability to use doses of the exact strength required thanks to the individual droplets.
- No Sugar – When CBD is used in the form of gummies, chocolate or other edible products, it may not be in the best health interests of the person to eat such products. For example, people suffering from diabetes will need to carefully manage the food that they eat, and therefore CBD oil may be a better option.
- No addictive or withdrawal issues – Finally, CBD gummies are a natural remedy that can be taken by almost anyone and possesses none of the addictive or withdrawal issues that other pain management or anxiety medications may present.
Disadvantages of Provacan CBD Oil
Whilst there are mainly advantages in using CBD oil to get your daily dose of CBD using, there are unfortunately a few drawbacks which are worth considering.
- Earthy or Grassy Taste – CBD oil can have a very earthy or grassy taste which some will find unappealing. Although CBD oil is one of the fastest-acting forms of CBD, the flavour can deter many from using it to its full potential, and flavoured CBD oils or other forms of CBD such as edibles or capsules may be more palatable.
- Less Convenient – If you need to take CBD while in a public place, using CBD oil can be much less discreet than using edibles. While using CBD is not something that you need to hide, using a dropper to place the oil under your tongue may not be the most practical option when out an about, in which case capsules, gummies or other edibles may be preferred.
- Interaction with other medications – It’s also worth noting that CBD may make it harder for your body to process certain medications, so if you are taking any other medications, be sure to check with your GP before taking CBD products.
- Minor side effects – Finally, CBD can cause side effects in some people including drowsiness, changes in mood, nausea, and changes in appetite. Every individual will be affected differently, and in most cases, there are no side effects to worry about.
Provacan CBD Oil Dosage
CBD doesn’t have one-size-fits-all dosing and calculating a proper dosage of CBD can be tough as our bodies react to it differently.
The four major factors affecting your CBD dosage are:
- Your weight
- The condition being treated (i.e. depression, chronic pain etc)
- The severity of your condition
- The concentration of CBD oil
Most brands recommend customers start with the lowest dose and increase until they find the right serving size that fits their needs. The most common starting amount is between 10mg and 25mg. For anxiety and depression, the dose can vary from 20mg to 50mg or more.
As a rule of thumb, a person weighting between 10.5 and 17 stones (approximately 150 and 240 lbs) may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms.
When using CBD for the first time, we would always recommend starting with a one of two drops of the 3% or 6% CBD oil placed under the tongue (sublingual) and holding it there for at least 30 seconds so it can absorb into the bloodstream.
Taking it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to see how your body reacts to it is also recommended. If you are not seeing any major benefits with a single drop, increase your intake by a single drop every 2 or 3 days until finding the right balance to treat your personal symptoms.
How Many Drops of Provacan CBD Oil Should You Take?
Whilst it may be confusing at the beginning, it’s incredibly simple to work out how many drops of CBD oil you need to take depending on your daily requirements and the strength of the product you bought.
Most bottles of CBD oil contain 10ml of product and come in strengths ranging from 300mg to 2,400mg – also known as 3% and 24% CBD oils. This simply means that in a 1ml drop of the 300mg bottle, you will have 30mg of CBD, whilst the same 1ml of the 2,400mg bottle will give you 8 times that amount for a total of 240mg of CBD.
So assuming you need to hit 25mg of CBD per day with a 10ml bottle, you will need:
|CBD / Bottle||CBD / Drop||# Drops|
Assuming you are using the 500mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you will need to take approximately 20 drops per day (25mg divided by 1.25mg per drop). You could break this down throughout the day by taking 8 drops first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, 6 drops early afternoon and 6 drops at night before going to bed.
If however you bought the 2400mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you would only need to take 4 drops per day (25mg divided by 6mg per drop), which you could also spread across the day – 2 in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.
As with everything, start with a small amount of CBD oil daily to make sure there’s no reaction, then increase slowly by a drop every 1-2 days until finding the right balance.
If you want to find out more check out our CBD Dosage article.
Provacan CBD Oil Reviews
By focusing on high-quality full-spectrum CBD oils, Provacan has built a great reputation and has a loyal customer base. The company has close to 1,300 verified reviews on Trustpilot, with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5, making it one of the most and best rated CBD brands in the market. Below are some of their latest customer reviews.
CBD Oil for Menopause & Anxiety
“I really wasn’t sure about taking CBD oil, but my menopausal symptoms had become unbearable. I’ve had breast cancer so can’t take most of the supplements on offer. It hasn’t stopped the hot flushes, but I’m now sleeping much better. It has almost completely stopped the anxiety attacks and palpitations though, which feels like a miracle. I’m much calmer and happier all round. I’m so glad I tried this before trying anti depressants. I take one drop before going to sleep and I think that’s all I need.”
Great for Knee & Back Pain
“I was using Provacan CBD oil for quite some time but I stopped for a while and after a couple of weeks I noticed a difference so I got some more. It’s started to kick in now but this time taking it’s time to work on my knee (I have Osteoarthritis) and my back is feeling better. I take it twice a day because I find it helps with my cataract also. Although it is expensive for a pensioner, it’s worth the money.”
– P. Stevens
Provacan CBD Oil Lab Reports
As a CBD company, Provacan plays the transparency card with their customers and they have made a clear commitment to raising the bar of the quality of CBD products available in the UK.
Since many CBD products contain pesticides, herbicides, mould, fungi and dangerous mycotoxins, Provacan are working closely with Fera Science, a UK based ISO 17025 accredited establishment, to test all their CBD oils.
In addition to being sourced and extracted from the highest-grade certified organic EU hemp, they guarantee that their products are 100% organic and free of synthetic ingredients.
They allow customers to request Lab Reports via their online form and to view the Certificates of Analysis online, which break down the potency of cannabinoids, the presence of terpenes and flavonoids, as well as the absence of heavy metals, mycotoxins, pesticides or microbes, by simply going to each individual product page.
The certificate of analysis for their Full-Spectrum 12% CBD Oil can be found here.
Health Benefits of Provacan CBD Oil
The human body contains a specialized system called the ECS (the endocannabinoid system), which aim is to regulate a variety of functions such as sleep, appetite, pain and immune system response. The body also produces endocannabinoids, which are simply neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors in your nervous system.
CBD is believed to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R.
- CB1 receptors, which are located in various regions of the body, with a large concentration in the central nervous system and brain, co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions.
- CB2 receptors are more commonly found in the immune system and are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin.
Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps reduce pain, reduce inflammation as well as provide a range of other health benefits, which include:
- CBD for Pain Relief: CBD has analgesic (pain relief) properties and can help with many painful conditions such as arthritis, headache disorders, migraines, back pain or period pain.
- CBD for Sleep: CBD has a calming effect on both the mind and the body, allowing people to fall asleep more easily and stay asleep throughout the night.
- CBD for Stress: CBD helps reduce stress and calm both the body and mind, through its interaction with both the Hippocampus and the Amygdala.
- CBD for Anxiety: CBD has both anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties, and can be a great alternative to anxiety medications which have known side-effects.
- CBD for Headaches: CBD reduces the frequency of headaches as well as reduce stress and improve sleep, two major triggers of headaches. But CBD also has strong analgesic (pain relief) and antiemetic (prevent vomiting) properties which can help people with headache disorders during an attack.
- CBD for Arthritis: CBD has antiarthritic, analgesic (pain relief) as well as anti-inflammatory properties and as such is a great option for people suffering from arthritis.
- CBD for Cancer: CBD helps relieve some of the symptoms of cancer as well as reducing the side of effects of cancer medication such as nausea, vomiting and pain.
- CBD for Epilepsy: CBD helps reduce the frequency and intensity of seizures in epileptic patients, and may also counteract some of the side effects of traditional anti-epileptic.
CBD Unboxed Reviews Provacan CBD Products
If you are interested in buying CBD from Provacan but are not familiar with their full product range, check out our individual product reviews. The CBD Unboxed team has tried and tested their products to give you a transparent and honest review of their efficacy and value for money.
- Provacan CBD oil review: We tried and tested Provacan 20% CBD oil for two weeks and analysed the taste, efficacy and value for money of their CBD oil.
- Provacan CBD capsules review: Our review of Provacan CBD capsules which contain 6mg of CBD per capsule.
- Provacan CBD gummies review: Our review of Provacan CBD gummies which contain 10mg of CBD per gummy.
Best CBD Oils Compared
Alternatively, check-out our other CBD oil reviews below or take our CBD Quiz which has been designed specifically to identify the product and strength that is best suited to your personal needs: