Four Five CBD oil is perfect for athletes looking for THC-free products, as it was developed by two professional rugby players who aim to raise the quality of the CBD industry in the UK. Check out the best CBD oils from Four Five CBD.
Four Five CBD Oil
Four Five CBD oil is made of broad-spectrum CBD and contains no artificial preservatives, no GMOs and no pesticides. As such, their CBD products have all the other all-natural hemp extracts such as Cannabidiol (CBD), CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabicitran), as well as the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids, but they are 100% THC free.
As it was designed by two UK athletes, their CBD oil contains zero THC and has been certified by the Banned Substance Control Group (BSCG), making it the perfect CBD oil for athletes.
All their CBD oils focus on maximising the entourage effect – a physiological phenomenon wherein the properties of active hemp compounds appear to be more powerful when consumed together rather than by themselves individually – through the preservation of synergy between the plants cannabinoids, terpenoids and flavonoids.
Their products are all derived from organic hemp plants that are grown under the highest agricultural directives in Europe and CBD extracts are produced using CO2 extraction, one of the cleanest extraction methods, resulting in a high-quality CBD oil. All their products are made in the UK.
Four Five CBD oil is vegan friendly, gluten-free, organic, GMO free, lab tested and contains no THC.
Four Five CBD offers a range of broad-spectrum CBD oils that were developed for athletes, by athletes and which have been certified by the Banned Substance Control Group (BSCG).
Whilst Four Five CBD have been in business since 2018, they have managed to develop quite a large range of products for athletes and those with an active lifestyle, by focusing on broad-spectrum oils, and then adding new product lines such as Four Five CBD capsules or Four Five CBD creams.
To date, Four Five CBD offers 3 different strengths for their broad-spectrum CBD oil, which are only available in 30ml bottles, which explains the low concentrations:
|CBD (mg)||Concentration %||CBD / Spray*|
*Amount of CBD oil per spray = 0.12ml
Their 500mg CBD oil retails at £29.99 (£0.06 per mg of CBD), their 1000mg oil at £59.99 (£0.06 per mg of CBD) and their 2000mg oil at £107.99 (£0.05 per mg of CBD).
When comparing the price and strength of their CBD oils, going for a higher potency works out cheaper in the long run as a person using 20g of CBD per day will spend £1.20 per day using their 500mg CBD oil and £1.08 per day when using their 2000mg oil, a saving of 10% when going for the higher potency oil.
Best Four Five CBD Oils
- 30ml per bottle (1000mg of CBD)
- Approx. 4.1mg of CBD per spray
- Approx. 240 sprays per bottle
- 25ug / 1000iu of Vitamin D3 per 1ml serving
- 0% THC CBD Isolate formula – Safe for athletes
- Tested by the BSCG: Perfect for tested professionals
- Suitable for vegetarians
Four Five CBD
Four Five Pro CBD Oil with Vitamin D3 (3%)
Four Five CBD Oil Efficacy
As we cannot test every single CBD oil from Endoca, we opted for their 2000mg Broad-Spectrum CBD oil (6% concentration with MCT oil carrier), which contains all the other all-natural hemp extracts such as Cannabidiol (CBD), CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabitriol), as well as any of the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids. However, as a broad-spectrum CBD oil developed for athletes and those with an active lifestyle, it does not contain any THC but still benefits from the entourage effect.
During the two-week period, we took 20mg of CBD in the morning on an empty stomach, followed by 10mg at lunchtime and a further 10mg an hour before bedtime, giving us a total of 40mg of CBD per day. However, it is worth noting that as Four Five CBD have opted for a spray diffuser instead of a dropper pipette, it was a little bit more difficult to get the right CBD dosage and we probably consumed slightly more than the usual 40mg daily.
So how well did Four Five broad-spectrum CBD oil perform?
Four Five CBD Oil for Pain Relief
Four Five CBD oil is an excellent product when it comes to its analgesic (i.e. to relieve pain) and anti-inflammatory properties. This is without a doubt one of the best products we have tested in the last few years and a testament to the work that George and Dom have put in to bring a quality CBD oil to the market.
The oil is left under the tongue for 30-60 seconds and absorbed quickly into the bloodstream. It gets to work within 30 minutes and in my case it provided me with incredible pain relief day in and day out throughout the duration of our product test.
By taking 3 sprays (24.9mg) of their 2000mg CBD oil immediately after a tough workout in the morning (on an empty stomach), two additional spray (16.6mg of CBD) just before lunch and one spray before bedtime (8.3mg of CBD) I have experienced an incredible reduction of my pain levels.
It may be that by using a spray rather than a dropper, the actual amount of CBD consumed was slightly greater as I had less control on the volume taken. In our other tests, I would usually take 20mg of CBD in the morning, so taking 2 sprays meant that my intake was 5mg greater in the morning and about 6mg greater at lunchtime, which could explain the perceived efficacy of the product. But this doesn’t take away from how good this product is and their oil is definitely up there with the best full-spectrum CBD oils and the best broad-spectrum CBD oils we’ve had a chance to test over the last few years.
In that respect, their CBD oil has allowed me to just simply get on with my day without worrying too much about hip pain or discomfort. I’ve been able to remain active throughout the two weeks I’ve taken their CBD oil and even on days where I increased my physical activity, I was able to perform with little to no discomfort. Best of all, I was able to stop taking traditional painkillers, which is a win in my book when you know how bad these are for you.
Immediately after I stopped taking Four Five 10% CBD oil at the end of the two-week product test, I noticed that my hip slowly started to be painful and stiff again, especially first thing in the morning and after my daily workout. After two or three days of not taking their CBD oil, the pain and discomfort were back during the day and my sleep was disrupted due to the pain, which clearly shows that their CBD oil just works. Period.
Four Five CBD Oil for Sleep & Stress
So how did their CBD perform when it comes to reducing stress and improving sleep?
CBD is known to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R. CB1 receptors co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions. While CB2 receptors are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin. Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps relieve stress and other medical conditions.
By taking their CBD, we also experienced the following health benefits:
- Improved Sleep: By taking one spray (8mg) of their CBD just before going to bed, I observed that the oil not only allows me to drift to sleep faster, but also to stay asleep throughout the night. It has helped me feel more refreshed in the morning which was a nice outcome of this product test.
- Improved Mood: By getting a better night’s sleep, I felt calmer in the morning which helped me stay in a good mood throughout the day.
- Reduced Stress: By activating the serotonin receptor, the CBD also helped me reduce my overall stress, so again I felt calmer and more relaxed during the two-week test.
Four Five CBD Oil Taste
Whilst the most popular way to consume CBD is by using CBD tincture (oil), they often have a more earthy, nutty, woody or grass-like taste which is down to the fact the product is natural, safe, and non-toxic.
Taste: Great Flavour Profile
When we first started taking Four Five CBD oil, we did not pay too much attention to the colour of the CBD oil as all their bottle comes with a spray instead of a dropper, meaning that you do not have to open the bottle every day to draw the oil using the pipette. We did however check the colour of their CBD oil as it is often an indicator of how strong the oil actually is – the darker the oil, the stronger the taste.
Their oil is not the lightest colour and has a greenish tinge to it, suggesting the oil has a slightly stronger flavour profile. However, after taking it for two weeks, it is fair to say that their CBD has quite a nice flavour profile – for a natural CBD oil that is. When swallowing the oil after leaving it under the tongue for 30-60 seconds, you will get a bit of an earthy taste in your mouth but no bad aftertaste which is a plus in our book!
This could be down to three factors:
- Broad-Spectrum CBD: broad-spectrum CBD oils go through an additional refinement process which removes the unwanted THC, waxes, and chlorophyll. By removing the waxes and chlorophyll, the oil becomes a lot more palatable.
- Spray: The fact that the oil is delivered via a spray rather than drops may also play a role in the oil being more palatable. By using a spray, the diffusion of the oil in the mouth is more spread out and with finer particles, which may ultimately reduce the potency of the oil.
- Lower Concentration: Finally, most of the CBD oils we’ve tried and tested are 10% to 15% concentration. However, since Four Five CBD oils come in 30ml bottle, they’re a lot more diluted, meaning that their 2000mg CBD oil is approximately 6% concentration. This could also explain the nicer flavour profile.
Four Five CBD Oil Value for Money
Not only do we think that Four Five CBD has developed a CBD oil that is efficient and great tasting, but they’ve also sensibly priced their products which makes them great value for money.
A person between 150 and 240 lbs may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms. A 30ml bottle of their 2000mg CBD oil (retail: £107.99) will therefore last between 40 and 100 days and cost between £1.08 and £2.69 per day (with free shipping over £50), which we think is good value for money product when compared to other CBD brands in our Top 10.
Based on 20mg of CBD per day, here’s how the Top 10 CBD brands stack-up in terms of daily cost:
|Four Five CBD||6%||£107.99||£1.08|
|Bud & Tender||10%||£80.00||£1.60|
So heavy CBD users will need to place an order every 5 weeks, whilst mild users may be able to push this to 3 months.
Advantages of Four Five CBD Oil
- Increased bioavailability – One of the main advantages of CBD oil over other products is the fact that CBD oil increases bioavailability – which means the amount of product that can be directly used by your body. The faster the CBD is absorbed, the sooner it can get to work. Gummies and edibles will take some time to be processed and broken down by your digestive system, making oil the fastest way to gain the benefits of CBD. When placed under the tongue, it comes into contact with the sublingual gland which speeds up the process of absorption and quickly enters the bloodstream.
- Easy to Consume – When taken orally, CBD oil is very easy to consume and it also gives you the ability to use doses of the exact strength required thanks to the individual droplets.
- Topical Use – CBD oil can in some instances be applied topically to treat joint pain or reduce problems associated with acne. While other forms of CBD can treat these issues, oil can be specifically applied to certain areas to target the treatment.
- No Sugar – When CBD is used in the form of gummies, chocolate or other edible products, it may not be in the best health interests of the person to eat such products. For example, people suffering from diabetes will need to carefully manage the food that they eat, and therefore CBD oil may be a better option.
- No addictive or withdrawal issues – Finally, CBD gummies are a natural remedy that can be taken by almost anyone and possesses none of the addictive or withdrawal issues that other pain management or anxiety medications may present.
Disadvantages of Four Five CBD Oil
Whilst there are mainly advantages in using CBD oil to get your daily dose of CBD using, there are unfortunately a few drawbacks which are worth considering.
- Earthy or Grassy Taste – CBD oil can have a very earthy or grassy taste which some will find unappealing. Although CBD oil is one of the fastest-acting forms of CBD, the flavour can deter many from using it to its full potential, and flavoured CBD oils or other forms of CBD such as edibles or capsules may be more palatable.
- Less Convenient – If you need to take CBD while in a public place, using CBD oil can be much less discreet than using edibles. While using CBD is not something that you need to hide, using a dropper to place the oil under your tongue may not be the most practical option when out an about, in which case capsules, gummies or other edibles may be preferred.
- Interaction with other medications – It’s also worth noting that CBD may make it harder for your body to process certain medications, so if you are taking any other medications, be sure to check with your GP before taking CBD products.
- Minor side effects – Finally, CBD can cause side effects in some people including drowsiness, changes in mood, nausea, and changes in appetite. Every individual will be affected differently, and in most cases, there are no side effects to worry about.
Four Five CBD Oil Dosage
CBD doesn’t have one-size-fits-all dosing and calculating a proper dosage of CBD can be tough as our bodies react to it differently.
The four major factors affecting your CBD dosage are:
- Your weight
- The condition being treated (i.e. depression, chronic pain etc)
- The severity of your condition
- The concentration of CBD oil
Most brands recommend customers start with the lowest dose and increase until they find the right serving size that fits their needs. The most common starting amount is between 10mg and 25mg. For anxiety and depression, the dose can vary from 20mg to 50mg or more.
As a rule of thumb, a person weighting between 10.5 and 17 stones (approximately 150 and 240 lbs) may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms.
When using CBD for the first time, we would always recommend starting with a one of two drops of the 3% or 6% CBD oil placed under the tongue (sublingual) and holding it there for at least 30 seconds so it can absorb into the bloodstream.
Taking it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to see how your body reacts to it is also recommended. If you are not seeing any major benefits with a single drop, increase your intake by a single drop every 2 or 3 days until finding the right balance to treat your personal symptoms.
How Many Drops of Four Five CBD Oil Should You Take?
Whilst it may be confusing at the beginning, it’s incredibly simple to work out how many drops of CBD oil you need to take depending on your daily requirements and the strength of the product you bought.
Most bottles of CBD oil contain 10ml of product and come in strengths ranging from 300mg to 2,400mg – also known as 3% and 24% CBD oils. This simply means that in a 1ml drop of the 300mg bottle, you will have 30mg of CBD, whilst the same 1ml of the 2,400mg bottle will give you 8 times that amount for a total of 240mg of CBD.
So assuming you need to hit 25mg of CBD per day with a 10ml bottle, you will need:
|CBD / Bottle||CBD / Drop||# Drops|
Assuming you are using the 500mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you will need to take approximately 20 drops per day (25mg divided by 1.25mg per drop). You could break this down throughout the day by taking 8 drops first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, 6 drops early afternoon and 6 drops at night before going to bed.
If however you bought the 2400mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you would only need to take 4 drops per day (25mg divided by 6mg per drop), which you could also spread across the day – 2 in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.
As with everything, start with a small amount of CBD oil daily to make sure there’s no reaction, then increase slowly by a drop every 1-2 days until finding the right balance.
If you want to find out more check out our CBD Dosage article.
Four Five CBD Oil Reviews
By focusing on THC free products for athletes and the development a high-quality broad spectrum CBD oils, Four Five CBD has built a great reputation and has a loyal customer base. The company has close to 150 verified reviews on Trustpilot, with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5, making it a trusted CBD brand. Below are some of their latest customer reviews.
Great CBD Oil for Student
“I don’t often write reviews, I’m a third year undergrad student and I can’t stress enough how much four five cbd has significantly reduced my anxiety and stress whilst promoting health sleeping patterns during my final year (started using around 4 months ago). I’ve found myself more relaxed and calm state and will continue to use the 1000mg CBD oil after I graduate. Only recommendation is I would prefer the turkey baster droppers instead of the spray cap – I find its high powered and can be a bit messy”
Great CBD Oil for Anxiety
“I started taking the 1000mg CBD oil spray January 2021 to help with anxiety, and work related aches and pains. At first, I wasn’t sure whether it was doing anything but I ran out a week ago and having had an anxiety attack today, I can confirm that it has definitely been working! My quality of sleep improved a hell of a lot also. I literally find that fairly big situations which would have previously triggered something, are now a breeze. Can’t recommend this product enough! A real life changer- thanks you guys!”
Four Five CBD Oil Lab Reports
As a CBD company, Four Five CBD plays the transparency card with their customers and works with the Banned Substances Control Group (BSCG), one of the world’s premier testing agencies and the gold standard in dietary supplement certification, to ensure their products contain no banned substances.
Since many CBD products contain pesticides, herbicides, mould, fungi and dangerous mycotoxins, Four Five CBD are working closely with PhytoVista Laboratories, the UK’s premier testing facility for CBD and hemp based products.
In addition to being sourced and extracted from the highest-grade certified organic EU hemp, they guarantee that their products are 100% organic and free of synthetic ingredients.
They allow customers to see their Certificates of Analysis online for each product line available in their site. Each lab report then breaks down the potency of cannabinoids, the presence of terpenes and flavonoids, as well as the absence of heavy metals, mycotoxins, pesticides or microbes.
Below is an example of their certificate of analysis for their 2000mg CBD Oil.
Health Benefits of Four Five CBD Oil
The human body contains a specialized system called the ECS (the endocannabinoid system), which aim is to regulate a variety of functions such as sleep, appetite, pain and immune system response. The body also produces endocannabinoids, which are simply neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors in your nervous system.
CBD is believed to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R.
- CB1 receptors, which are located in various regions of the body, with a large concentration in the central nervous system and brain, co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions.
- CB2 receptors are more commonly found in the immune system and are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin.
Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps reduce pain, reduce inflammation as well as provide a range of other health benefits, which include:
- CBD for Pain Relief: CBD has analgesic (pain relief) properties and can help with many painful conditions such as arthritis, headache disorders, migraines, back pain or period pain.
- CBD for Sleep: CBD has a calming effect on both the mind and the body, allowing people to fall asleep more easily and stay asleep throughout the night.
- CBD for Stress: CBD helps reduce stress and calm both the body and mind, through its interaction with both the Hippocampus and the Amygdala.
- CBD for Anxiety: CBD has both anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties, and can be a great alternative to anxiety medications which have known side-effects.
- CBD for Headaches: CBD reduces the frequency of headaches as well as reduce stress and improve sleep, two major triggers of headaches. But CBD also has strong analgesic (pain relief) and antiemetic (prevent vomiting) properties which can help people with headache disorders during an attack.
- CBD for Arthritis: CBD has antiarthritic, analgesic (pain relief) as well as anti-inflammatory properties and as such is a great option for people suffering from arthritis.
- CBD for Cancer: CBD helps relieve some of the symptoms of cancer as well as reducing the side of effects of cancer medication such as nausea, vomiting and pain.
- CBD for Epilepsy: CBD helps reduce the frequency and intensity of seizures in epileptic patients, and may also counteract some of the side effects of traditional anti-epileptic.
Take the CBD Quiz
If after reading this guide you are still not sure if Four Five CBD oil is right for you, simply take our CBD Quiz which has been designed specifically to identify the product and strength that is best suited to your personal needs.
You can also check-out our other CBD oil reviews below: