Blessed CBD Oil Review: Is Blessed CBD oil worth the money? In this guide [UPDATED 2022] We independently reviewed Blessed CBD oil 1000mg and gave it a top score of 8.8/10. Read our review and check out the best CBD oils from Blessed.
Blessed CBD Oil: Honest Review
Blessed CBD oil was launched in 2019 after its founders realised that the UK was lagging behind when it comes to the quality and affordability of CBD products.
They launched Blessed with a simple mission to provide the UK market with high quality CBD, shipped and delivered quickly and at an affordable price.
Their hemp is grown in Colorado (USA) and they use a supercritical CO2 extraction process to produce their full and broad-spectrum CBD oils.
When buying Blessed CBD oil, you can be sure it is of the highest quality and potency as they only use the very best hemp plants and have developed their own propriety strains which have been derived from specially bred hemp plants that are grown on licensed, organic farms. Their all-natural hemp is free of pesticides, toxins, herbicides, and heavy metals.
All their products focus on maximising the entourage effect – a physiological phenomenon wherein the properties of active hemp compounds appear to be more powerful when consumed together rather than by themselves individually – through the preservation of synergy between the plants cannabinoids, terpenoids and flavonoids.
Customer reviews are also consistently good across the board and they were voted the best CBD oil in the UK for 2021 by the likes of The Mirror, Observer, Discover Magazine, Manchester Evening News, Express, Hypothesis Journal, My London, Hull Daily and Island Echo to name just a few.
Blessed CBD oil was tested by the CBD Unboxed team for a period of 2 weeks. Our review of Blessed CBD covers 3 key metrics: Effectiveness, Taste and Value for Money.
So how well did Blessed CBD oil perform in our review?
Blessed CBD offers both full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD oils, which have excellent pain relief and anti-inflammatory properties, making it one of the best CBD oil in the UK.
Our Review: Blessed CBD Oil 1000mg
The review carried out by the CBD Unboxed team focused on Blessed 10% CBD Oil (10% concentration with hemp seed oil carrier), which contains all the natural hemp extracts such as Cannabidiol (CBD), CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabicitran), as well as the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids.
As it is a full-spectrum CBD oil, it also contains trace amounts of THC, but it is non-psychoactive as the hemp plant used to produce the CBD extracts contain less than 0.2% THC.
During the two-week period, we took 20mg of CBD in the morning on an empty stomach, followed by 10mg at lunchtime and a further 10mg an hour before bedtime, giving us a total of 40mg of CBD per day.
Price-wise, their 10% CBD Oil retails at £74.95 (£0.075 per mg of CBD) which makes it a pricier alternative. However, when it comes to its effectiveness, this remains one of the best CBD oils we’ve ever tried and tested.
The characteristics of their 1000mg (10%) CBD oil are detailed below.
+ Size: 10ml Bottle
+ Strength: 10% CBD Oil (1000mg)
+ Type: Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
+ Oil Carrier: Hempseed oil
+ Hemp Origin: USA
+ Extraction: CO2
+ Flavour: Unflavoured
+ Our Rating: 8.8 / 10
+ Price: £74.95 (Cost per Day: £1.50 for 20mg daily)
Be aware that results may vary depending on your personal requirements so be sure to check the dosage recommendations before taking any CBD products.
Broad Spectrum CBD Oils (New Range)
Blessed CBD have also more recently focused on broad-spectrum CBD oils, which have all the properties of full-spectrum oils, without any THC content. We assume they have gone down this route as they wanted to appeal to a wider market, specifically CBD users who do not like the taste of hemp.
Their CBD oil is incredibly pure and comes from organic, non-GMO hemp. Blessed pride themselves on being a part of every step in the process, from cultivating their hemp to bottling and selling it.
+ Size: 10ml Bottle
+ Strength: 5% to 18%
+ Type: Broad-Spectrum CBD Oil
+ THC Content: Less than 0.2%
+ Oil Carrier: Hempseed oil
+ Flavour: Unflavoured
+ Dropper Type: Pipette
+ Price: £69.95 (10% CBD Oil)
As all their broad-spectrum CBD oils come in 10ml bottle:
*(BS) – Broad Spectrum
Blessed CBD Oil: Effectiveness
During our review which lasted for two weeks, we took 20mg of CBD in the morning on an empty stomach, followed by 10mg at lunchtime and a further 10mg an hour before bedtime, giving us a total of 40mg of CBD per day.
The oil is left under the tongue for 30-60 seconds as doing so allow for quick absorption into the bloodstream. In most cases, you will start feeling the effects – pain relief, relaxation, focus – within 20-30 minutes.
Excellent CBD Oil for Pain Relief
If you’re looking to use CBD oil for its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties – in other words to relieve pain and reduce inflammation in the body – look no further as Blessed full-spectrum CBD oil is one of the best products on the market.
By taking 40mg of their CBD oil, broken down throughout the day, I found it provided me with incredible pain relief and allowed me to simply get on with my day without having to worry too much about hip pain (due to hip arthritis).
I was able to remain active throughout our two week product review, and even on days where I increased my physical activity, I was able to perform with little to no discomfort.
To put it simply, this is one of the best CBD oils I’ve used over the last 5 years. Best of all, I was able to stop taking traditional painkillers, which is a win in my book especially when you know how bad these can be for you over the long run.
As a final point, it would be interesting to test their higher concentration products, especially Blessed CBD oil 1800mg as arthritis of the hip joint is incredibly painful and it would be good to see how higher strength products perform in comparison to their 10% concentration. One for our next review.
Other Benefits of Blessed CBD Oil
CBD oil is believed to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R.
- CB1 receptors, which are located in various regions of the body, with a large concentration in the central nervous system and brain, co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions.
- CB2 receptors are more commonly found in the immune system and are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin.
Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps reduce pain and stress, as well as provide a range of other health benefits, which include:
- CBD for Anxiety: CBD has both anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties, and can help people suffering from arthritis who feel anxious or depressed due to the constant aches and pains linked to their condition
- CBD for Stress: CBD helps reduce stress and calm both the body and mind, through its interaction with both the Hippocampus and the Amygdala.
- CBD for Sleep: CBD has a calming effect on both the mind and the body, allowing people suffering from back pain to fall asleep more easily and stay asleep throughout the night. This is particularly useful if you suffer from chronic pain as one of the common symptoms amongst patients is a lack of refreshing sleep.
- CBD for Headaches: CBD reduces the frequency of headaches as well as reduce stress and improve sleep, two major triggers of headaches. But CBD also has strong antiemetic properties (prevent vomiting) which can help people with headache disorders during an attack.
- CBD for Cancer: CBD helps relieve some of the symptoms of cancer as well as reducing the side of effects of cancer medication such as nausea, vomiting and pain.
- CBD for Epilepsy: CBD helps reduce the frequency and intensity of seizures in epileptic patients, and may also counteract some of the side effects of traditional anti-epileptic.
- CBD for Arthritis: CBD has antiarthritic, analgesic (pain relief) as well as anti-inflammatory properties and as such is a great option for people suffering from arthritic conditions. According to a poll conducted by the Arthritis Foundation, 29% of 2,600 patients with either osteoarthritis (52%) or rheumatoid arthritis (45%) for 10 or more years, stated using CBD in liquid or topical form to manage their arthritis symptoms, especially pain. Of those using CBD, most reported improvement in physical function (67%), sleep (71%), and well-being (77%).
Blessed CBD Oil: Taste
Whilst the most popular way to consume CBD is by using CBD tincture (oil), they often have a more earthy, nutty, woody or grass-like taste which is down to the fact the product is natural, safe, and non-toxic.
Taste: Grassy Flavour Profile
After taking Blessed 10% CBD oil for two weeks, it is fair to say that it tastes exactly as we would expect full-spectrum CBD to taste: earthy and a little grassy. The first thing we noticed is that their CBD oil is quite dark, almost brown, which usually tends to indicate a stronger CBD oil, which was definitely the case here.
When swallowing the oil after leaving it under the tongue for 30-60 seconds, you’ll most likely experience the grassy taste of their CBD oil and may even get a bitter aftertaste, which will remain in your throat for 2-3 minutes.
That being said, we always expect unflavoured CBD oils to have this natural hemp flavour and we simply can’t hold it against Blessed CBD as their oil is one of the most efficient on the market, so a little aftertaste isn’t so bad after all.
The strong flavour profile of their CBD could be explained by a few factors:
- Full-Spectrum Oil: As a full-spectrum CBD oil, it contains all the naturally-occurring terpenes and flavonoids which give this natural CBD oil its earthy and grassy taste.
- Hemp Seed Oil: CBD is usually mixed with hempseed oil, MCT oil or olive oil. Whilst MCT and olive oil tend to be more gentle on the palette, hempseed oil comes from the hemp plant and therefore does have quite a strong taste.
Whilst this after taste can be unpleasant and linger in your mouth and throat for a few minutes, we still think that CBD oil is the best way to consume CBD as it gets absorbed quickly into the bloodstream in comparison to other products such as CBD capsules or gummies, which have to go through the digestive track.
Broad-Spectrum: For a Better Taste
For those of you who do not like the natural taste of CBD oil, Blessed have launched a new range of broad-spectrum CBD oils which are better tasting and contain zero THC:
- Blessed broad-spectrum CBD oil 500mg
- Blessed broad-spectrum CBD oil 1000mg
- Blessed broad-spectrum CBD oil 1800mg
Blessed CBD Oil: Value for Money
Whilst we love Blessed CBD 10% CBD oil for its efficacy and the fact they offer both broad and full spectrum CBD products, it is fair to say their CBD oils are a little on the pricey side.
A person between 150 and 240 lbs may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms. A 10ml bottle of their 1000mg CBD oil (retail: £74.95) will therefore last between 25 and 50 days and cost between £1.50 and £3.00 per day (with free shipping), which we think is on the more expensive side, especially when compared to other CBD brands in our Top 10.
So heavy CBD users will need to place an order every month, whilst mild users may be able to push this to 2 months.
Based on 20mg of CBD per day, here’s how the Top CBD brands reviewed by our team stack-up:
|Bud & Tender
Discount for Multiple Orders
When ordering, you can go for a single bottle at the full retail price, or to get a better rate, buy a 3 or 6 month supply. The savings are as follows for heir 10% full-spectrum CBD oil:
|Price / Bottle
Great Attention to Customer Experience
Whilst they are more on the pricey side, what we do love about Blessed, beyond how good their CBD oil is, is the time and effort they have put into the overall customer experience. Their packaging is by far the best in the market and everything they include is geared towards educating and reassuring customers about the quality of their product. Each box comes with:
- Their CBD oil
- A letter welcoming you to the Blessed family
- A booklet with useful information about CBD
- The certificate of analysis for the oil you purchased
Blessed CBD Oil: Full Range
Advantages of Blessed CBD Oil
- Increased bioavailability – One of the main advantages of CBD oil over other products is the fact that CBD oil increases bioavailability – which means the amount of product that can be directly used by your body. The faster the CBD is absorbed, the sooner it can get to work. Gummies and edibles will take some time to be processed and broken down by your digestive system, making oil the fastest way to gain the benefits of CBD.
- Precise Dosage – When taken orally, CBD oil is very easy to consume and it also gives you the ability to use doses of the exact strength required thanks to the individual droplets.
- Limited Ingredients – When CBD is used in the form of gummies, chocolate or other edible products, they may contain additional ingredients such as added sugar. This makes CBD oil a much better product as it only contains CBD extracts and an oil carrier (e.g. coconut oil).
Blessed CBD Oil: Dosage
CBD Dosage: Up to 70mg Daily
CBD doesn’t have one-size-fits-all dosing and calculating a proper dosage of CBD can be tough as our bodies react to it differently.
The four major factors affecting your CBD dosage are:
- Your weight
- The condition being treated (i.e. depression, chronic pain etc)
- The severity of your condition
- The concentration of CBD oil
Most brands recommend customers start with the lowest dose and increase until they find the right serving size that fits their needs. The most common starting amount is between 10mg and 25mg. For anxiety and depression, the dose can vary from 20mg to 50mg or more.
As a rule of thumb, a person weighting between 10.5 and 17 stones (approximately 150 and 240 lbs) may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms.
With CBD becoming an ever growing market, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) has classified CBD as a food supplement and issued a number of recommendations on its website. For healthy adults, the FSA recommends not to take more than 70mg a day, unless it has been advised by a doctor.
To put this into perspective, this is about 28 drops of 5% CBD or 14 drops of 10% CBD. This advice is based on the latest scientific information available to the FSA and levels given are for an average 70kg adult so one could deduct that the FSA has set a maximum target of 1mg of CBD per kg of bodyweight.
However, it is worth noting that several studies have found CBD to be safe at higher doses.
How Many CBD Drops Daily?
Whilst it may be confusing at the beginning, it’s incredibly simple to work out how many drops of CBD oil you need to take depending on your daily requirements and the strength of the product you bought.
Most bottles of CBD oil contain 10ml of product and come in strengths ranging from 300mg to 2,400mg – also known as 3% and 24% CBD oils. This simply means that in a 1ml drop of the 300mg bottle, you will have 30mg of CBD, whilst the same 1ml of the 2,400mg bottle will give you 8 times that amount for a total of 240mg of CBD.
So assuming you need to hit 25mg of CBD per day with a 10ml bottle, you will need:
|CBD / Bottle
|CBD / Drop
Blessed CBD Oil Reviews
By focusing on raising the quality of CBD in the UK and providing customers with great quality information and customer service, Blessed has built a great reputation and has a loyal customer base. The company has over 300 verified reviews on Trustpilot, with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5, making it one of the best rated CBD brands in the market. Below are some of their latest customer reviews.
Best CBD Oil (1000mg)
“Best CBD oil(1000mg) good price and it works on my arthritis & inflammation no more pain great. Will be Ordering more.”
The Best CBD Oil Out There!
“I’ve tried several different brands of CBD oils in the last year to help me with anxiety, but this one really stands out. It was recommended to me by a friend and she was right: it’s 100% worth every penny! I took a few days to find the right dose for me and since then have noticed a massive reduction in my anxiety – thank you Blessed CBD, you’re a lifesaver!”
Blessed CBD Oil Lab Reports
As a CBD company, Blessed plays the transparency card with their customers and have made a clear commitment to raising the bar of the quality of CBD products available in the UK.
Since many CBD products contain pesticides, herbicides, mould, fungi and dangerous mycotoxins, Blessed are working closely with Phytovista Labs, a leading CBD laboratory testing service, to test all their CBD oils.
In addition to being sourced and extracted from the highest-grade certified organic US hemp, they guarantee that their products are 100% organic and free of synthetic ingredients.
They allow customers to see their Certificates of Analysis online, which break down the potency of cannabinoids, the presence of terpenes and flavonoids, as well as the absence of heavy metals, mycotoxins, pesticides or microbes. Below is an example of their CoA for their 1000mg CBD oil.
Blessed CBD Oil: The Verdict
In terms of how it compares to other brands in our Top 10 CBDs oils, we simply cannot fault Blessed for the quality and efficacy of both their full and broad spectrum CBD oils. We love the fact that they have put a lot of effort in their packaging to welcome their customers to the Blessed family and educate them about CBD.
If you are interested in buying CBD from Blessed but are not familiar with their full product range, check out our individual product reviews.
- Blessed CBD oil review: We tried and tested Blessed 10% CBD oil for two weeks and analysed the taste, efficacy and value for money of their CBD oil.
- Blessed CBD capsules review: Our review of Blessed CBD capsules which contain 25mg of CBD per capsule.
- Blessed CBD gummies review: Our review of Blessed CBD gummies which contain 30mg of CBD per gummy.
Best CBD Brands Reviewed
If after reading this review of Blessed CBD oil you are still unsure about what CBD brand is right for you, why not check out our individual CBD oil reviews below or alternatively take our CBD Quiz:
- Alpinols CBD oil review
- Blessed CBD oil review
- Bud & Tender CBD oil review
- Canna Union CBD oil review
- CBD Armour CBD oil review
- CBDfx CBD oil review
- Endoca CBD oil review
- Four Five CBD oil review
- Hempura CBD oil review
- Holistic Hemp Scotland CBD oil review
- Honest Hemp CBD oil review
- Love CBD oil review
- Naturecan CBD oil review
- Medterra CBD oil review
- Mission C CBD oil review
- Provacan CBD oil review
- Supreme CBD oil review
- VAAY CBD oil review