Blessed CBD oil is an excellent option for people looking to benefit from the entourage effect as they have developed high-quality full and broad-spectrum CBD oils. Check out the best CBD oils from Blessed CBD.
Blessed CBD Oil
Blessed CBD oil is made of both full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD and contains no artificial preservatives, no GMOs and no pesticides. As such, their CBD products have all the other all-natural hemp extracts such as Cannabidiol (CBD), CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabicitran), as well as the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids. Their full-spectrum oil CBD contains trace amounts of THC, whilst their broad-spectrum CBD oils are 100% THC free.
All their CBD oils focus on maximising the entourage effect – a physiological phenomenon wherein the properties of active hemp compounds appear to be more powerful when consumed together rather than by themselves individually – through the preservation of synergy between the plants cannabinoids, terpenoids and flavonoids.
Their products are all derived from organic hemp plants that are grown under the highest agricultural directives in Colorado (USA) and CBD extracts are produced using CO2 extraction, one of the cleanest extraction methods, resulting in a high-quality CBD oil. All their products are made in the UK.
Blessed CBD oil is vegan friendly, gluten-free, organic, GMO free and lab tested for purity and potency.
Blessed CBD offers both full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD oils, which have excellent pain relief and anti-inflammatory properties, making it one of the best CBD oils available in the UK.
To start this review of Blessed CBD oil, it’s worth noting that the company started by developing full-spectrum CBD oil, which is available in three different strengths:
- Blessed 5% full-spectrum CBD oil
- Blessed 10% full-spectrum CBD oil
- Blessed 18% full-spectrum CBD oil
Their full-spectrum CBD oils are made from organically-grown US hemp, contain Hempseed oil (oil carrier), have all the natural hemp extracts such as CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabicitran), as well as the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids. They also contain small amounts of THC, CBN & THCV, ensuring you get the purest CBD possible with a legal amount of THC.
More recently, the company has focused on broad-spectrum CBD oils, which are also available in three different strengths. Their broad-spectrum oils have the same properties as their full-spectrum oils, with the only exception being that they do not contain any THC. We assume they have gone down this route to appeal to a wider market, specifically CBD users who do not like the natural taste of hemp, as broad-spectrum oils tend to be more palatable.
Their CBD oil is incredibly pure and comes from organic, non-GMO hemp. Blessed pride themselves on being a part of every step in the process, from cultivating their hemp to bottling and selling it.
As all their CBD oils come in 10ml bottle, the amount of CBD per drop will differ for each product depending on the concentration.
|CBD (mg)||%||CBD / Drop*|
|500mg CBD||5% (Full)||2mg|
|500mg CBD||5% (Broad)||2mg|
|1000mg CBD||10% (Full)||4mg|
|1000mg CBD||10% (Broad)||4mg|
|1800mg CBD||18% (Full)||6mg|
*Amount of CBD oil per drop = 0.025ml
Their 5% full-spectrum CBD oil retails at £44.95 (£0.09 per mg) whilst their 18% oil retails at £124.95 (£0.07 per mg), so going for the higher concentration oil will usually work out cheaper in the long run.
Best Blessed CBD Oils
Blessed CBD Oil Efficacy
The test carried out by the CBD Unboxed team focused on their 1000mg Full-Spectrum CBD oil (10% concentration with hemp seed oil carrier), which contains all the other all-natural hemp extracts such as CBN (Cannabinol), CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabitriol), as well as the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids. As such, it does benefit from the entourage effect and contains less than 0.2% THC content.
During the two-week period, we took 20mg of CBD in the morning on an empty stomach, followed by 10mg at lunchtime and a further 10mg an hour before bedtime, giving us a total of 40mg of CBD per day.
So how well did Blessed full-spectrum CBD perform?
Blessed CBD Oil for Pain Relief
If you’re looking to use CBD oil for its analgesic (i.e. to relieve pain) and anti-inflammatory properties, look no further than Blessed CBD oil, as it’s one of the best products available in the UK. The oil is left under the tongue for 30-60 seconds and absorbed quickly into the bloodstream. It gets to work within 30 minutes and in my case it provided me with incredible pain relief day in and day out throughout the duration of our product review.
By taking 20mg of their 10% CBD oil immediately after a tough workout in the morning (on an empty stomach), an additional 10mg of CBD at lunchtime and 10mg of CBD just before bedtime, I have experienced an incredible reduction of my pain levels. As a full-spectrum CBD oil, this product is up there with the best full-spectrum CBD oils and the best broad-spectrum CBD oils we’ve had a chance to test over the last few years.
Their CBD oil has allowed me to just simply get on with my day without worrying too much about hip pain or discomfort. I’ve been able to remain active throughout the two weeks I’ve taken their CBD oil and even on days where I increased my physical activity, I was able to perform with little to no discomfort. Best of all, I was able to stop taking traditional painkillers, which is a win in my book when you know how bad these can be for you over the long run.
Immediately after I stopped taking Blessed CBD 10% oil at the end of the two-week product test, I noticed that my hip slowly started to be painful and stiff again, especially first thing in the morning and after my daily workout. After two or three days of not taking their CBD oil, the pain and discomfort were back during the day and my sleep was disrupted due to the pain, which clearly shows that their CBD oil just works. Period.
As a final point, it would be interesting to test their higher concentration products, especially Blessed 18% CBD oil as arthritis of the hip joint is incredibly painful and it would be good to see how higher strength products perform in comparison to their 10% concentration. One for our next review.
Perfect to Reduce Stress & Improve Sleep
So how did their CBD perform when it comes to managing reducing stress or improving sleep?
CBD works with the human body to increase calm, decrease stress, and lower anxiety levels. These responses indirectly improve your sleep. In the 1990s, researchers confirmed the body has an endocannabinoid system or ECS, a complex cell-signalling system consisting of endocannabinoids, cannabinoid receptors, and enzymes. Scientists believe it plays many roles, including maintaining balance in the body. When it comes to sleep, the ECS helps regulate sleep and sleep cycles.
Blessed CBD oil has helped me feel calmer in the evening and fall asleep faster. It’s also helped me stay asleep throughout the night and I’ve woken up feeling incredibly rested most morning. I have however noticed having more vivid dreams during the two weeks I took the CBD oil, which is not something I’ve experienced with other CBDs, but this could be purely coincidental and not linked to their CBD at all.
As for stress, CBD is known to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R. CB1 receptors co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions. While CB2 receptors are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin.
Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps relieve stress and other medical conditions.
By taking their CBD, I have found that my overall stress levels came down despite having a lot on my mind during those two weeks. So if insomnia, stress or anxiety are impacting your daily life, I would highly recommend you check out Blessed CBD products.
Blessed CBD Oil Taste
Whilst the most popular way to consume CBD is by using CBD tincture (oil), they often have a more earthy, nutty, woody or grass-like taste which is down to the fact the product is natural, safe, and non-toxic.
Taste: Grassy Flavour Profile
After taking Blessed 10% CBD oil for two weeks, it is fair to say that it tastes exactly as we would expect full-spectrum CBD to taste: earthy and a little grassy. The first thing we noticed is that their CBD oil is quite dark, almost brown, which usually tends to indicate a stronger CBD oil, which was definitely the case here.
When swallowing the oil after leaving it under the tongue for 30-60 seconds, you’ll most likely experience the grassy taste of their CBD oil and may even get a bitter aftertaste, which will remain in your throat for 2-3 minutes.
That being said, we always expect unflavoured CBD oils to have this natural hemp flavour and we simply can’t hold it against Blessed CBD as their oil is one of the most efficient on the market, so a little aftertaste isn’t so bad after all.
The strong flavour profile of their CBD could be explained by a few factors:
- Full-Spectrum Oil: As a full-spectrum CBD oil, it contains all the naturally-occurring terpenes and flavonoids which give this natural CBD oil its earthy and grassy taste.
- Hemp Seed Oil: CBD is usually mixed with hempseed oil, MCT oil or olive oil. Whilst MCT and olive oil tend to be more gentle on the palette, hempseed oil comes from the hemp plant and therefore does have quite a strong taste.
Whilst this after taste can be unpleasant and linger in your mouth and throat for a few minutes, we still think that CBD oil is the best way to consume CBD as it gets absorbed quickly into the bloodstream in comparison to other products such as CBD capsules or gummies, which have to go through the digestive track.
Broad-Spectrum: For a Better Taste
For those of you who do not like the natural taste of CBD oil, Blessed have launched a new range of broad-spectrum CBD oils which are better tasting and contain zero THC:
- Blessed CBD 500mg broad-spectrum oil
- Blessed CBD 1000mg broad-spectrum oil
- Blessed CBD 1800mg broad-spectrum oil
Blessed CBD Oil Value for Money
Whilst we love Blessed CBD 10% CBD oil for its efficacy and the fact they launched a broad-spectrum oil that has a more palatable flavour profile, we have to recognise that their CBD oils are a little on the pricey side.
A person between 150 and 240 lbs may need between 18mg and 27mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms. A 10ml bottle of their 1000mg CBD oil (retail: £74.95) will therefore last between 37 and 55 days and cost between £1.35 and £2.02 per day (with free shipping), which we think is on the more expensive side, especially when compared to other CBD brands in our Top 10.
Based on 20mg of CBD per day, here’s how the Top 10 CBD brands stack-up in terms of daily cost:
|Bud & Tender||10%||£80.00||£1.60|
So heavy CBD users will need to place an order every month, whilst mild users may be able to push this to 2 months.
Discount for Multiple Orders
When ordering, you can go for a single bottle at the full retail price, or to get a better rate, buy a 3 or 6 month supply. The savings are as follows for heir 10% full-spectrum CBD oil:
|Subscription||Discount||Price / Bottle|
|3 month supply||18%||£61.65|
|6 month supply||18%||£61.65|
Great Attention to Customer Experience
Whilst they are more on the pricey side, what we do love about Blessed, beyond how good their CBD oil is, is the time and effort they have put into the overall customer experience. Their packaging is by far the best in the market and everything they include is geared towards educating and reassuring customers about the quality of their product. Each box comes with:
- Their CBD oil
- A letter welcoming you to the Blessed family
- A booklet with useful information about CBD
- The certificate of analysis for the oil you purchased
In terms of how it compares to other brands in our Top 10, we think that its definitely one of the most efficient products we’ve tried. So for that reason, we think it is worth spending that little extra on their product, especially if you suffer from a painful condition such as arthritis.
If however you are on a budget, you may want to check out other CBD brands we’ve tried, tested and reckon you’ll like.
Advantages of Blessed CBD Oil
- Increased bioavailability – One of the main advantages of CBD oil over other products is the fact that CBD oil increases bioavailability – which means the amount of product that can be directly used by your body. The faster the CBD is absorbed, the sooner it can get to work. Gummies and edibles will take some time to be processed and broken down by your digestive system, making oil the fastest way to gain the benefits of CBD. When placed under the tongue, it comes into contact with the sublingual gland which speeds up the process of absorption and quickly enters the bloodstream.
- Easy to Consume – When taken orally, CBD oil is very easy to consume and it also gives you the ability to use doses of the exact strength required thanks to the individual droplets.
- No Sugar – When CBD is used in the form of gummies, chocolate or other edible products, it may not be in the best health interests of the person to eat such products. For example, people suffering from diabetes will need to carefully manage the food that they eat, and therefore CBD oil may be a better option.
- No addictive or withdrawal issues – Finally, CBD gummies are a natural remedy that can be taken by almost anyone and possesses none of the addictive or withdrawal issues that other pain management or anxiety medications may present.
Disadvantages of Blessed CBD Oil
Whilst there are mainly advantages in using CBD oil to get your daily dose of CBD using, there are unfortunately a few drawbacks which are worth considering.
- Earthy or Grassy Taste – CBD oil can have a very earthy or grassy taste which some will find unappealing. Although CBD oil is one of the fastest-acting forms of CBD, the flavour can deter many from using it to its full potential, and flavoured CBD oils or other forms of CBD such as edibles or capsules may be more palatable.
- Less Convenient – If you need to take CBD while in a public place, using CBD oil can be much less discreet than using edibles. While using CBD is not something that you need to hide, using a dropper to place the oil under your tongue may not be the most practical option when out an about, in which case capsules, gummies or other edibles may be preferred.
- Interaction with other medications – It’s also worth noting that CBD may make it harder for your body to process certain medications, so if you are taking any other medications, be sure to check with your GP before taking CBD products.
- Minor side effects – Finally, CBD can cause side effects in some people including drowsiness, changes in mood, nausea, and changes in appetite. Every individual will be affected differently, and in most cases, there are no side effects to worry about.
Blessed CBD Oil Dosage
CBD doesn’t have one-size-fits-all dosing and calculating a proper dosage of CBD can be tough as our bodies react to it differently.
The four major factors affecting your CBD dosage are:
- Your weight
- The condition being treated (i.e. depression, chronic pain etc)
- The severity of your condition
- The concentration of CBD oil
Most brands recommend customers start with the lowest dose and increase until they find the right serving size that fits their needs. The most common starting amount is between 10mg and 25mg. For anxiety and depression, the dose can vary from 20mg to 50mg or more.
As a rule of thumb, a person weighting between 10.5 and 17 stones (approximately 150 and 240 lbs) may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms.
When using CBD for the first time, we would always recommend starting with a one of two drops of the 3% or 6% CBD oil placed under the tongue (sublingual) and holding it there for at least 30 seconds so it can absorb into the bloodstream.
Taking it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to see how your body reacts to it is also recommended. If you are not seeing any major benefits with a single drop, increase your intake by a single drop every 2 or 3 days until finding the right balance to treat your personal symptoms.
How Many Drops of Blessed CBD Oil Should You Take?
Whilst it may be confusing at the beginning, it’s incredibly simple to work out how many drops of CBD oil you need to take depending on your daily requirements and the strength of the product you bought.
Most bottles of CBD oil contain 10ml of product and come in strengths ranging from 300mg to 2,400mg – also known as 3% and 24% CBD oils. This simply means that in a 1ml drop of the 300mg bottle, you will have 30mg of CBD, whilst the same 1ml of the 2,400mg bottle will give you 8 times that amount for a total of 240mg of CBD.
So assuming you need to hit 25mg of CBD per day with a 10ml bottle, you will need:
|CBD / Bottle||CBD / Drop||# Drops|
Assuming you are using the 500mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you will need to take approximately 20 drops per day (25mg divided by 1.25mg per drop). You could break this down throughout the day by taking 8 drops first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, 6 drops early afternoon and 6 drops at night before going to bed.
If however you bought the 2400mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you would only need to take 4 drops per day (25mg divided by 6mg per drop), which you could also spread across the day – 2 in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.
As with everything, start with a small amount of CBD oil daily to make sure there’s no reaction, then increase slowly by a drop every 1-2 days until finding the right balance.
If you want to find out more check out our article about How Much CBD Should I Take?
Blessed CBD Oil Reviews
By focusing on raising the quality of CBD in the UK and providing customers with great quality information and customer service, Blessed has built a great reputation and has a loyal customer base. The company has over 300 verified reviews on Trustpilot, with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5, making it one of the best rated CBD brands in the market. Below are some of their latest customer reviews.
Best CBD Oil (1000mg)
“Best CBD oil(1000mg) good price and it works on my arthritis & inflammation no more pain great. Will be Ordering more.”
The Best CBD Oil Out There!
“I’ve tried several different brands of CBD oils in the last year to help me with anxiety, but this one really stands out. It was recommended to me by a friend and she was right: it’s 100% worth every penny! I took a few days to find the right dose for me and since then have noticed a massive reduction in my anxiety – thank you Blessed CBD, you’re a lifesaver!”
Blessed CBD Oil Lab Reports
As a CBD company, Blessed plays the transparency card with their customers and have made a clear commitment to raising the bar of the quality of CBD products available in the UK.
Since many CBD products contain pesticides, herbicides, mould, fungi and dangerous mycotoxins, Blessed are working closely with Phytovista Labs, a leading CBD laboratory testing service, to test all their CBD oils.
In addition to being sourced and extracted from the highest-grade certified organic US hemp, they guarantee that their products are 100% organic and free of synthetic ingredients.
They allow customers to see their Certificates of Analysis online, which break down the potency of cannabinoids, the presence of terpenes and flavonoids, as well as the absence of heavy metals, mycotoxins, pesticides or microbes. Below is an example of their CoA for their 1000mg CBD oil.
Health Benefits of Blessed CBD Oil
The human body contains a specialized system called the ECS (the endocannabinoid system), which aim is to regulate a variety of functions such as sleep, appetite, pain and immune system response. The body also produces endocannabinoids, which are simply neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors in your nervous system.
CBD is believed to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R.
- CB1 receptors, which are located in various regions of the body, with a large concentration in the central nervous system and brain, co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions.
- CB2 receptors are more commonly found in the immune system and are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin.
Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps reduce pain, reduce inflammation as well as provide a range of other health benefits, which include:
- CBD for Pain Relief: CBD has analgesic (pain relief) properties and can help with many painful conditions such as arthritis, headache disorders, migraines, back pain or period pain.
- CBD for Sleep: CBD has a calming effect on both the mind and the body, allowing people to fall asleep more easily and stay asleep throughout the night.
- CBD for Stress: CBD helps reduce stress and calm both the body and mind, through its interaction with both the Hippocampus and the Amygdala.
- CBD for Anxiety: CBD has both anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties, and can be a great alternative to anxiety medications which have known side-effects.
- CBD for Headaches: CBD reduces the frequency of headaches as well as reduce stress and improve sleep, two major triggers of headaches. But CBD also has strong analgesic (pain relief) and antiemetic (prevent vomiting) properties which can help people with headache disorders during an attack.
- CBD for Arthritis: CBD has antiarthritic, analgesic (pain relief) as well as anti-inflammatory properties and as such is a great option for people suffering from arthritis.
- CBD for Cancer: CBD helps relieve some of the symptoms of cancer as well as reducing the side of effects of cancer medication such as nausea, vomiting and pain.
- CBD for Epilepsy: CBD helps reduce the frequency and intensity of seizures in epileptic patients, and may also counteract some of the side effects of traditional anti-epileptic.
CBD Unboxed Reviews Blessed CBD Products
If you are interested in buying CBD from Blessed but are not familiar with their full product range, check out our individual product reviews. The CBD Unboxed team has tried and tested their products to give you a transparent and honest review of their efficacy and value for money.
- Blessed CBD oil review: We tried and tested Blessed 10% CBD oil for two weeks and analysed the taste, efficacy and value for money of their CBD oil.
- Blessed CBD capsules review: Our review of Blessed CBD capsules which contain 25mg of CBD per capsule.
- Blessed CBD gummies review: Our review of Blessed CBD gummies which contain 30mg of CBD per gummy.
Best CBD Oils Compared
Alternatively, check-out our other CBD oil reviews below or take our CBD Quiz which has been designed specifically to identify the product and strength that is best suited to your personal needs: