Hempura CBD oil is available as both full-spectrum and broad-spectrum and sold in eco-friendly packaging made from recycled materials. Check out our recommendations for the best CBD oils from Hempura.
Hempura CBD Oil
Hempura CBD oil is made of full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD and contains no artificial preservatives, no GMOs and no pesticides. As such, their CBD products have all the other all-natural hemp extracts such as CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabicitran), as well as the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids. Their full-spectrum CBD oils contain traces of THC whilst their broad-spectrum oils are THC free.
All their CBD oils focus on maximising the entourage effect – a physiological phenomenon wherein the properties of active hemp compounds appear to be more powerful when consumed together rather than by themselves individually – through the preservation of synergy between the plants cannabinoids, terpenoids and flavonoids.
Hempura is registered with The Vegan Society since July 2019 and is committed to securing the safety of animals and the preservation of the environment by not testing their products on animals and using recyclable materials.
Hempura full-spectrum CBD oil is vegan friendly, gluten-free, organic, GMO free, lab tested and contains less than 0.2% THC (the legal cut-off limit of 0.2% for UK CBD oil for sale), ensuring you get the purest CBD possible, whilst their broad-spectrum oil is THC-free.
Hempura offers full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD oils, both of which are excellent. They’ve also made a clear commitment to minimize their impact on the environment by using eco-friendly packaging made from recycled materials which we love!
Whilst Hempura have been in business since 2017, they have managed to develop quite a large range of products, first by focusing on full-spectrum and broad-spectrum oils, and then adding new product lines such as CBD capsules, CBD chocolates or CBD vapes.
To date, Hempura offers 4 different strengths for their full-spectrum (FS), broad-spectrum (BS) and pure CBD oils, which can be purchased in 10ml bottles (except 8% oil in 30ml bottle):
|CBD / Drop*
*Amount of CBD oil per drop = 0.025ml
When comparing the price and strength of their CBD oils, going for a higher potency works out cheaper in the long run as a person using 20g of CBD per day will spend £1.60 per day using their 2.5% CBD oil and £1.48 per day when using their 10% oil, a saving of 7.5% when going for the higher potency oil.
Best Hempura CBD Oils
- 30ml bottle (3000mg of CBD)
- 10% concentration
- 25mg CBD per 0.25ml serving
- Pure CBD oil
- Orange flavour
- Zero THC
- Approx. 120 servings
Hempura Precision CBD Sport 3000mg (Orange Flavour)
Hempura CBD Oil Efficacy
As we cannot test every single CBD oil from Hempura, we opted for their 1000mg Full-Spectrum CBD oil (10% concentration with organic hemp seed oil carrier), which contains all the other all-natural hemp extracts such as Cannabidiol (CBD), CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabitriol), as well as any of the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids. It also contains traces of THC (less than 0.02%) and as such this oil benefit from the entourage effect.
During the two-week period, we took 20mg of CBD in the morning on an empty stomach, followed by 10mg at lunchtime and a further 10mg an hour before bedtime, giving us a total of 40mg of CBD per day.
So how well did Hempura full-spectrum CBD oil perform?
Hempura CBD Oil for Pain Relief
Whilst a number of brands we have tested and reviewed in our best UK CBD oils have performed better than Hempura, their 10% CBD oil has proven to have good analgesic (i.e. to relieve pain) and anti-inflammatory properties.
The oil is left under the tongue for 30-60 seconds and absorbed quickly into the bloodstream. It gets to work within 30 minutes and in my case it provided me with good pain relief throughout the duration of our product test.
By taking 20mg of their 10% CBD oil immediately after a tough workout in the morning (on an empty stomach), an additional 10mg of CBD at lunchtime and 10mg of CBD just before bedtime, I have experienced an improvement of my arthritic symptoms and reduction of my pain levels. The only downside of their CBD oil based on my experience is the fact that it tends to wear off rather quickly, which forced me to increase my CBD intake during the test in order to remain pain-free throughout the day.
That being said, I would expect their CBD to perform well for most people with mild to moderate symptoms.
Immediately after I stopped taking Hempura 10% CBD oil at the end of the two-week product test, I noticed that my hip slowly started to be painful and stiff again, especially first thing in the morning and after my daily workout. After two or three days of not taking their CBD oil, the pain and discomfort were back during the day and my sleep was disrupted due to the pain, which clearly shows that their CBD oil works.
As a final point, it’s a shame they have not developed a stronger CBD oil as arthritis of the hip joint is incredibly painful and it would be good to see how higher strength products would perform in comparison to their 10% concentration.
Hempura CBD Oil for Sleep & Stress
So how did their CBD perform when it comes to improving sleep and reducing stress?
CBD is known to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R. CB1 receptors co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions. While CB2 receptors are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin.
Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps relieve stress and other medical conditions.
By taking their CBD, I have found that my overall stress levels came down, and it’s also allowed me to fall asleep faster in the evening. So if insomnia, stress or anxiety are impacting your daily life, I would highly recommend you check out Hempura CBD oils.
Hempura CBD Oil Taste
Whilst the most popular way to consume CBD is by using CBD tincture (oil), they often have a more earthy, nutty, woody or grass-like taste which is down to the fact the product is natural, safe, and non-toxic.
Hempura CBD Oil: Strong Flavour Profile
After taking Hempura 10% CBD oil for two weeks, it is fair to say that it has quite a strong flavour profile.
The first thing we noticed is that their CBD oil is quite dark, almost green. In our experience, a darker colour often indicates a stronger and less palatable CBD oil, which in in the case of Hempura turned out to be true. Their CBD oil tastes quite grassy and it is a little too over-powering. However, it does not leave too much of a bad aftertaste in your mouth, so that’s definitely a thumbs up from us!
When swallowing the oil after leaving it under the tongue for 30-60 seconds, you will get a grass-like taste in your mouth and the flavours of the oil can be explained by a couple of factors:
- Full-Spectrum: Their full-spectrum oil contains all the terpenes and flavonoids. Unlike their broad-spectrum oils, they have not gone through the extra filtration to remove excess waxes and plant matter which gives it this grassy flavour.
- Hemp Seed Oil: CBD is usually mixed with hempseed oil, MCT oil or olive oil. Whilst MCT and olive oil tend to be more gentle on the palette, hempseed oil comes from the hemp plant and therefore does have quite a strong taste.
- Ethanol Extraction: Unlike most CBD brands we have tested over the years which tend to use CO2 to extract the CBD from the hemp plant, Hempura use solvent (ethanol) which could potentially impact the flavour of their oil.
Whilst this after taste can be unpleasant, it does not linger in your mouth and throat very long.
We personally think that CBD oil is the best way to consume CBD as it gets absorbed quickly into the bloodstream in comparison to other products such as CBD capsules or gummies, which have to go through the digestive track. However, if you don’t like the taste of hemp, check-out their broad-spectrum oils which are way milder as they have removed the excess waxes and plant matters.
Hempura CBD Oil Value for Money
So how does Hempura CBD oil performs when it comes to its value for money and how does it compare to the CBD oils in our Top 10?
A person between 150 and 240 lbs may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms. A 10ml bottle of their 1000mg CBD oil (retail: £64.99) will therefore last between 25 and 50 days and cost between £1.30 and £2.60 per day (with free shipping over £20), which we think is quite a good value for money product when compared to other CBD brands in our Top 10.
Based on 20mg of CBD per day, here’s how the Top 10 CBD brands stack-up in terms of daily cost:
|Four Five CBD
|Bud & Tender
So heavy CBD users will need to place an order every month, whilst mild users may be able to push this to 2 months.
In terms of how it compares to other brands in our Top 10, we think that its a good option although it may not be the most suitable CBD oil if your condition is severe or painful, as you may need to increase your overall daily consumption which could result in the cost per day getting well over the £2.00 mark.
If however you are on a budget and are looking for a cheaper CBD oil, you may want to check out other CBD brands we’ve tried, tested and reckon you’ll like.
Advantages of Hempura CBD Oil
- Increased bioavailability – One of the main advantages of CBD oil over other products is the fact that CBD oil increases bioavailability – which means the amount of product that can be directly used by your body. The faster the CBD is absorbed, the sooner it can get to work. Gummies and edibles will take some time to be processed and broken down by your digestive system, making oil the fastest way to gain the benefits of CBD. When placed under the tongue, it comes into contact with the sublingual gland which speeds up the process of absorption and quickly enters the bloodstream.
- Easy to Consume – When taken orally, CBD oil is very easy to consume and it also gives you the ability to use doses of the exact strength required thanks to the individual droplets.
- Topical Use – CBD oil can in some instances be applied topically to treat joint pain or reduce problems associated with acne. While other forms of CBD can treat these issues, oil can be specifically applied to certain areas to target the treatment.
- No Sugar – When CBD is used in the form of gummies, chocolate or other edible products, it may not be in the best health interests of the person to eat such products. For example, people suffering from diabetes will need to carefully manage the food that they eat, and therefore CBD oil may be a better option.
- No addictive or withdrawal issues – Finally, CBD gummies are a natural remedy that can be taken by almost anyone and possesses none of the addictive or withdrawal issues that other pain management or anxiety medications may present.
Disadvantages of Hempura CBD Oil
Whilst there are mainly advantages in using CBD oil to get your daily dose of CBD using, there are unfortunately a few drawbacks which are worth considering.
- Earthy or Grassy Taste – CBD oil can have a very earthy or grassy taste which some will find unappealing. Although CBD oil is one of the fastest-acting forms of CBD, the flavour can deter many from using it to its full potential, and flavoured CBD oils or other forms of CBD such as edibles or capsules may be more palatable.
- Less Convenient – If you need to take CBD while in a public place, using CBD oil can be much less discreet than using edibles. While using CBD is not something that you need to hide, using a dropper to place the oil under your tongue may not be the most practical option when out an about, in which case capsules, gummies or other edibles may be preferred.
- Interaction with other medications – It’s also worth noting that CBD may make it harder for your body to process certain medications, so if you are taking any other medications, be sure to check with your GP before taking CBD products.
- Minor side effects – Finally, CBD can cause side effects in some people including drowsiness, changes in mood, nausea, and changes in appetite. Every individual will be affected differently, and in most cases, there are no side effects to worry about.
Hempura CBD Oil Dosage
CBD doesn’t have one-size-fits-all dosing and calculating a proper dosage of CBD can be tough as our bodies react to it differently.
The four major factors affecting your CBD dosage are:
- Your weight
- The condition being treated (i.e. depression, chronic pain etc)
- The severity of your condition
- The concentration of CBD oil
Most brands recommend customers start with the lowest dose and increase until they find the right serving size that fits their needs. The most common starting amount is between 10mg and 25mg. For anxiety and depression, the dose can vary from 20mg to 50mg or more.
As a rule of thumb, a person weighting between 10.5 and 17 stones (approximately 150 and 240 lbs) may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms.
When using CBD for the first time, we would always recommend starting with a one of two drops of the 3% or 6% CBD oil placed under the tongue (sublingual) and holding it there for at least 30 seconds so it can absorb into the bloodstream.
Taking it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to see how your body reacts to it is also recommended. If you are not seeing any major benefits with a single drop, increase your intake by a single drop every 2 or 3 days until finding the right balance to treat your personal symptoms.
How Many Drops of Hempura CBD Oil Should You Take?
Whilst it may be confusing at the beginning, it’s incredibly simple to work out how many drops of CBD oil you need to take depending on your daily requirements and the strength of the product you bought.
Most bottles of CBD oil contain 10ml of product and come in strengths ranging from 300mg to 2,400mg – also known as 3% and 24% CBD oils. This simply means that in a 1ml drop of the 300mg bottle, you will have 30mg of CBD, whilst the same 1ml of the 2,400mg bottle will give you 8 times that amount for a total of 240mg of CBD.
So assuming you need to hit 25mg of CBD per day with a 10ml bottle, you will need:
|CBD / Bottle
|CBD / Drop
Assuming you are using the 500mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you will need to take approximately 20 drops per day (25mg divided by 1.25mg per drop). You could break this down throughout the day by taking 8 drops first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, 6 drops early afternoon and 6 drops at night before going to bed.
If however you bought the 2400mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you would only need to take 4 drops per day (25mg divided by 6mg per drop), which you could also spread across the day – 2 in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.
As with everything, start with a small amount of CBD oil daily to make sure there’s no reaction, then increase slowly by a drop every 1-2 days until finding the right balance.
If you want to find out more check out our article about How Much CBD Should I Take?
Hempura CBD Oil Reviews
By focusing on full-spectrum, broad-spectrum and CBD isolate products, Hempura has built a great reputation and has a loyal customer base. The company has over 700 verified reviews on Trustpilot, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5, making it one of the best rated CBD brands in the market. Below are some of their latest customer reviews.
Big Fan of This CBD Oil
“I’m a very big fan of this CBD oil. I have tried several other brands and for some reason keep on coming back to Hempura. Probably as they just don’t give me the same boost as Hempura. Thank you all.”
Great CBD Oil for Osteoarthritis
“I have been a customer for several months and tried various products. I’m very satisfied with the service Hempura is offering. The use of CBD oil has definitely improved the inflammation and pain from osteoarthritis. Thank you.”
Hempura CBD Oil Lab Reports
As a CBD company, Hempura plays the transparency card with their customers and is a member of The Vegan Society since July 2019 and is committed to securing the safety of animals and the preservation of the environment by not testing their products on animals and using recyclable materials.
Since many CBD products contain pesticides, herbicides, mould, fungi and dangerous mycotoxins, Hempura are working closely with British Cannabis, a dedicated testing facility in the South East of England, to test all their CBD oils.
In addition to being sourced and extracted from the highest-grade certified organic EU hemp, they guarantee that their products are 100% organic and free of synthetic ingredients.
They allow customers to see their Certificates of Analysis online by entering the relevant batch number into their search bar. Each lab report then breaks down the potency of cannabinoids, the presence of terpenes and flavonoids, as well as the absence of heavy metals, mycotoxins, pesticides or microbes.
Below is an example of their certificate of analysis for their 250mg CBD Oil.
Health Benefits of Hempura CBD Oil
The human body contains a specialized system called the ECS (the endocannabinoid system), which aim is to regulate a variety of functions such as sleep, appetite, pain and immune system response. The body also produces endocannabinoids, which are simply neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors in your nervous system.
CBD is believed to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R.
- CB1 receptors, which are located in various regions of the body, with a large concentration in the central nervous system and brain, co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions.
- CB2 receptors are more commonly found in the immune system and are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin.
Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps reduce pain, reduce inflammation as well as provide a range of other health benefits, which include:
- CBD for Pain Relief: CBD has analgesic (pain relief) properties and can help with many painful conditions such as arthritis, headache disorders, migraines, back pain or period pain.
- CBD for Sleep: CBD has a calming effect on both the mind and the body, allowing people to fall asleep more easily and stay asleep throughout the night.
- CBD for Stress: CBD helps reduce stress and calm both the body and mind, through its interaction with both the Hippocampus and the Amygdala.
- CBD for Anxiety: CBD has both anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties, and can be a great alternative to anxiety medications which have known side-effects.
- CBD for Headaches: CBD reduces the frequency of headaches as well as reduce stress and improve sleep, two major triggers of headaches. But CBD also has strong analgesic (pain relief) and antiemetic (prevent vomiting) properties which can help people with headache disorders during an attack.
- CBD for Arthritis: CBD has antiarthritic, analgesic (pain relief) as well as anti-inflammatory properties and as such is a great option for people suffering from arthritis.
- CBD for Cancer: CBD helps relieve some of the symptoms of cancer as well as reducing the side of effects of cancer medication such as nausea, vomiting and pain.
- CBD for Epilepsy: CBD helps reduce the frequency and intensity of seizures in epileptic patients, and may also counteract some of the side effects of traditional anti-epileptic.
Take the CBD Quiz
If after reading this guide you are still not sure if Hempura CBD oil is right for you, simply take our CBD Quiz which has been designed specifically to identify the product and strength that is best suited to your personal needs.
You can also check-out our other CBD oil reviews below: