CBD Armour CBD Oil Review: Is CBD Armour CBD oil worth the money? We independently reviewed CBD Armour 1000mg CBD oil and gave it a score of 5.9/10. Check out our full review below.
CBD Armour CBD Oil
CBD Armour offers both full-spectrum (called Raw Original on their website) and broad-spectrum CBD products which contain no artificial preservatives, no GMOs and no pesticides. Their CBD oils have all the natural hemp extracts such as CBD (Cannabidiol), CBDv (Cannabidivarin), CBG (Cannabigerol), CBC (Cannabichromene) and CBT (Cannabicitran), as well as all the naturally-occurring terpenes, flavonoids, and Omega acids. The only difference being that their broad-spectrum products are THC free, ensuring you get the purest CBD possible with 0% THC, whilst their full-spectrum CBD products do contain trace amounts of THC.
All their CBD oils focus has been on maximising the entourage effect – a physiological phenomenon wherein the properties of active hemp compounds appear to be more powerful when consumed together rather than by themselves individually – through the preservation of synergy between the plants cannabinoids, terpenoids and flavonoids.
CBD Armour oil is vegan friendly, gluten-free, organic, GMO free, kosher and lab tested for purity and potency.
Whilst CBD Armour proclaims to be the ‘leading CBD brand in the UK’ and to have their products ‘Tested by a 3rd Party’, none of these statements seem to be true. Their lack of transparency when it comes to their certificates of analysis (CoA) is a red flag as the top CBD brands we’ve tried and tested all publish their CoAs online.
Whilst Supreme CBD have only been in business since early 2017, they have managed to create a wide range of full and broad-spectrum CBD products, including CBD oils, CBD gummies, CBD capsules, and CBD hemp protein powder.
To date, Supreme CBD offer 2 different types of CBD oils, each designed for a different market.
Raw Original CBD Oils (Full-Spectrum)
If you are looking for a CBD oil that benefits from the entourage effect and contains THC, you’ll be pleased to know that CBD Armour have developed a small range of full-spectrum CBD oils, available in different strengths and three sizes – 10ml, 30ml and 100ml:
|CBD (mg)||Bottle (ml)||Concentration|
|CBD Armour CBD Oil 1500mg||30ml||5%|
|CBD Armour CBD Oil 1000mg||10ml||10%|
|CBD Armour CBD Oil 3000mg||30ml||10%|
|CBD Armour CBD Oil 3000mg||10ml||30%|
*Amount of CBD oil per drop = 0.025ml
Their 10ml bottle of 1000mg retails at £40.00 (£0.04 per mg of CBD) whilst their 10ml bottle of 3000mg oil costs £99.00 (£0.03 per mg of CBD) so when comparing the price and strength of their CBD oils, going for a higher potency works out cheaper in the long run as a person using 20g of CBD per day will spend £0.80 per day using their 10% CBD oil and £0.66 per day when using their 30% oil, a saving of 17% when going for the higher potency oil.
Cool Fresh CBD Oils (Broad-Spectrum)
The company has also developed a range of broad-spectrum CBD oils called ‘Cool Fresh’, which come in three strengths – 5%, 10% and 30% – and two sizes:
|CBD (mg)||Bottle (ml)||Concentration|
|CBD Armour Broad-Spectrum Oil 1500mg||30ml||5%|
|CBD Armour Broad-Spectrum Oil 1000mg||10ml||10%|
|CBD Armour Broad-Spectrum Oil 3000mg||10ml||30%|
*Amount of CBD oil per drop = 0.025ml
These broad-spectrum CBD oils are light on taste as they removed the unwanted plant waxes and chlorophyll, and they used MCT oil instead hempseed oil as a carrier, making this a more palatable CBD oil.
Their Cool Fresh range is suitable for athletes across all sports who want to use CBD to remain on top form both physically and mentally, but who would prefer not to ingest THC.
Note: At the time of reviewing CBD Armour, we noticed a number of their CBD oils were ‘out of stock’.
Best CBD Armour CBD Oils
CBD Armour CBD Oil Efficacy
Not the Best Oil for Pain Relief
Whilst we had high hopes for CBD Armour, their 10% CBD oil did not live up to the expectations we had placed on such a strong brand name!
Their CBD oil has moderate analgesic properties, meaning that it does an ok job at relieving pain, but it’s not the most effective oil nor will its effects be felt for 4-5 hours.
As with other CBD reviews, I spaced my CBD intake throughout the day to maximise the benefits and help with my pain levels from morning to bedtime. Whilst I experienced an improvement of my symptoms and a reduction of both my pain levels and overall hip discomfort, I was still in pretty bad pain during the 2-week product review and the effects of their CBD would normaly be felt for 2 hours max, but would then dissipate relatively quickly after that.
This was particularly disappointing to me as I’ve always taken about 40mg of CBD every single day and in most cases it has helped me keep my symptoms at bay, but 40mg of CBD Armour just wasn’t enough for me.
So all in all, whilst this seems like a cheap product in comparison to other CBD brands we have reviewed, the fact that it’s not as efficient means that you may need to increase your daily intake, resulting in a more expensive cost per day overall.
As a final point, it would be interesting to test their higher concentration products, especially their 3000mg CBD oil (30% concentration), as arthritis of the hip joint is incredibly painful and it would be good to see how higher strength products perform in comparison to their 10% concentration. One for our next review.
CBD Armour for Sleep
So how did their CBD perform when it comes to improving sleep?
CBD is known to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R. CB1 receptors co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions. While CB2 receptors are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin. Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps relieve stress and other medical conditions.
Whilst I hoped that CBD Armour would help me with my sleep – be it by falling asleep faster in the evening and staying asleep throughout the night – the poor analgesic properties of their oil meant that I experienced pain even lying down at night, which prevented me from getting a good night sleep.
I would wake up feeling tired in the morning and after two weeks of this cycle, I honestly felt broken and couldn’t wait for the product review to be over so I could go back to my usual CBD oils.
So all in all, whilst this was a disappointing experience for me, do not let that deter you as everybody reacts differently to different CBD oils. Some CBD oils have worked very well for me and not at all for other people in the team, whilst it has been the complete opposite for other brands.
CBD Armour CBD Oil Taste
Whilst the most popular way to consume CBD is by using CBD tincture (oil), they often have a more earthy, nutty, woody or grass-like taste which is down to the fact the product is natural, safe, and non-toxic.
A Strong Smell & Flavour Profile
When we first started taking Supreme CBD oil, we noticed that the colour of their oil is quite dark, which is often an indicator of how strong the oil actually is – the darker or more colourful the oil, the stronger the taste.
Their CBD oil certainly has quite a strong smell and flavour, with hints of walnut. Despite the strong flavour profile, it remained mild in comparison to other full-spectrum CBD oils we’ve tried and tested over the years, some of which can be incredibly off-putting. Endoca CBD oil being the one that comes to mind due to its strong taste and incredibly bitter aftertaste.
Finally, when swallowing the oil after leaving it under the tongue for 30-60 seconds, you will get a bit of an earthy taste in your mouth with a hint of walnut, but the aftertaste isn’t too bad at all.
|Flavour(s)||Walnut / Earthy|
CBD Armour CBD Oil Value for Money
Efficacy and taste apart, how does CBD Armour 10% CBD oil stack up when it comes to value for money?
A person between 150 and 240 lbs may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms. A 10ml bottle of their 1000mg CBD oil (retail: £40.00) will therefore last between 50 and 100 days and cost between £0.80 and £1.60 per day (with free shipping), which makes it one of the cheapest CBD oils on the market.
Based on 20mg of CBD per day, here’s how the Top 10 CBD brands stack-up in terms of daily cost:
|Bud & Tender||10%||£80.00||£1.60|
So heavy CBD users will need to place an order every 1.5 months, whilst mild users may be able to push this to 3+ months, which seems good value for money.
However, as the efficacy of the product is not as good as other CBD brands we’ve tried and tested, you may need to increase your CBD intake by 20%, 30% or 40% to get the same effects, making it a far less affordable CBD oil as a result.
Advantages of CBD Armour Oil
- Increased bioavailability – One of the main advantages of CBD oil over other products is the fact that CBD oil increases bioavailability – which means the amount of product that can be directly used by your body. The faster the CBD is absorbed, the sooner it can get to work. Gummies and edibles will take some time to be processed and broken down by your digestive system, making oil the fastest way to gain the benefits of CBD. When placed under the tongue, it comes into contact with the sublingual gland which speeds up the process of absorption and quickly enters the bloodstream.
- Easy to Consume – When taken orally, CBD oil is very easy to consume and it also gives you the ability to use doses of the exact strength required thanks to the individual droplets.
- No Sugar – When CBD is used in the form of gummies, chocolate or other edible products, it may not be in the best health interests of the person to eat such products. For example, people suffering from diabetes will need to carefully manage the food that they eat, and therefore CBD oil may be a better option.
- No addictive or withdrawal issues – Finally, CBD gummies are a natural remedy that can be taken by almost anyone and possesses none of the addictive or withdrawal issues that other pain management or anxiety medications may present.
Disadvantages of CBD Armour Oil
Whilst there are mainly advantages in using CBD oil to get your daily dose of CBD using CBD Armour oil, there are unfortunately a few drawbacks which are worth considering.
- Less Convenient – If you need to take CBD while in a public place, using CBD oil can be much less discreet than using edibles. While using CBD is not something that you need to hide, using a dropper to place the oil under your tongue may not be the most practical option when out an about, in which case capsules, gummies or other edibles may be preferred.
- Interaction with other medications – It’s also worth noting that CBD may make it harder for your body to process certain medications, so if you are taking any other medications, be sure to check with your GP before taking CBD products.
- Minor side effects – Finally, CBD can cause side effects in some people including drowsiness, changes in mood, nausea, and changes in appetite. Every individual will be affected differently, and in most cases, there are no side effects to worry about.
CBD Armour Oil Dosage
CBD doesn’t have one-size-fits-all dosing and calculating a proper dosage of CBD can be tough as our bodies react to it differently.
The four major factors affecting your CBD dosage are:
- Your weight
- The condition being treated (i.e. depression, chronic pain etc)
- The severity of your condition
- The concentration of CBD oil
Most brands recommend customers start with the lowest dose and increase until they find the right serving size that fits their needs. The most common starting amount is between 10mg and 25mg. For anxiety and depression, the dose can vary from 20mg to 50mg or more.
As a rule of thumb, a person weighting between 10.5 and 17 stones (approximately 150 and 240 lbs) may need between 20mg and 40mg of CBD per day depending on the severity of their symptoms.
When using CBD for the first time, we would always recommend starting with a one of two drops of the 3% or 6% CBD oil placed under the tongue (sublingual) and holding it there for at least 30 seconds so it can absorb into the bloodstream.
Taking it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to see how your body reacts to it is also recommended. If you are not seeing any major benefits with a single drop, increase your intake by a single drop every 2 or 3 days until finding the right balance to treat your personal symptoms.
How Many Drops Should You Take?
Whilst it may be confusing at the beginning, it’s incredibly simple to work out how many drops of CBD oil you need to take depending on your daily requirements and the strength of the product you bought.
Most bottles of CBD oil contain 10ml of product and come in strengths ranging from 300mg to 2,400mg – also known as 3% and 24% CBD oils. This simply means that in a 1ml drop of the 300mg bottle, you will have 30mg of CBD, whilst the same 1ml of the 2,400mg bottle will give you 8 times that amount for a total of 240mg of CBD.
So assuming you need to hit 25mg of CBD per day with a 10ml bottle, you will need:
|CBD / Bottle||CBD / Drop||# Drops|
Assuming you are using the 500mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you will need to take approximately 20 drops per day (25mg divided by 1.25mg per drop). You could break this down throughout the day by taking 8 drops first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, 6 drops early afternoon and 6 drops at night before going to bed.
If however you bought the 2400mg CBD oil for a daily dose of 25mg, you would only need to take 4 drops per day (25mg divided by 6mg per drop), which you could also spread across the day – 2 in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.
As with everything, start with a small amount of CBD oil daily to make sure there’s no reaction, then increase slowly by a drop every 1-2 days until finding the right balance.
If you want to find out more check out our article about How Much CBD Should I Take?
CBD Armour Oil Reviews
Although a number of CBD Armour claims – “leading CBD brand in the UK” or “Tested by 3rd Party” – could not be verified, CBD Armour seem to have built a decent reputation in the UK with a loyal customer base. The company has close to 300 reviews on Trustpilot, with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5. Below are some of their latest customer reviews.
“Amazing stuff. I thought when I last ran out that I would see how I went on. What a mistake! All my aches and pains and sleeplessness came back. The first night I had the drops back, all my problems just disappeared! I won’t be stopping taking CBD ever again!”
Good CBD…Why the Price Hike?
“I’d been a loyal & returning customer of CBD Armour since 2018, and during this time I only had good things to say about their products and overall level of service. This recently changed however, when two days ago I went to purchase another two 30ml bottles of their Silver CBD Oil, only to find that the price of each bottle had increased overnight from £80 to £110! I put this to them, only to be informed that this was due to the Covid Pandemic, Brexit, increase in costs, etc, which I can understand to a certain extent, but not to the extent of a £30 hike in price! Needless to say & sadly, I have decided to take my business elsewhere.”
CBD Armour Oil Lab Reports
As a CBD company, CBD Armour does not really play the transparency card with their customers.
Their site claims that their CBD products are “Tested by 3rd party labs”, yet despite spending hours browsing their site and searching online, we were unable to find a single certificate of analysis.
Why is that a red flag?
Although their site claims that their CBD products contain a “guaranteed accurate concentration of CBD” or that their products are THC free, the fact that they are not publishing their certificates of analysis means that it is impossible to know with certainty what is in their CBD oils.
Health Benefits of CBD Armour Oil
The human body contains a specialized system called the ECS (the endocannabinoid system), which aim is to regulate a variety of functions such as sleep, appetite, pain and immune system response. The body also produces endocannabinoids, which are simply neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors in your nervous system.
CBD is believed to interact with specific receptors, specifically the CB1R and CB2R.
- CB1 receptors, which are located in various regions of the body, with a large concentration in the central nervous system and brain, co-ordinate mood, emotion, appetite, and other functions.
- CB2 receptors are more commonly found in the immune system and are responsible for controlling inflammation and pain. CBD stimulates these receptors and induces the body to release serotonin.
Serotonin, or 5-HT, is a neurotransmitter that carries signals from one neuron to the other. CBD increases the level of serotonin, which, in return, helps reduce pain, reduce inflammation as well as provide a range of other health benefits, which include:
- CBD for Pain Relief: CBD has analgesic (pain relief) properties and can help with many painful conditions such as arthritis, headache disorders, migraines, back pain or period pain.
- CBD for Sleep: CBD has a calming effect on both the mind and the body, allowing people to fall asleep more easily and stay asleep throughout the night.
- CBD for Stress: CBD helps reduce stress and calm both the body and mind, through its interaction with both the Hippocampus and the Amygdala.
- CBD for Anxiety: CBD has both anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties, and can be a great alternative to anxiety medications which have known side-effects.
- CBD for Headaches: CBD reduces the frequency of headaches as well as reduce stress and improve sleep, two major triggers of headaches. But CBD also has strong analgesic (pain relief) and antiemetic (prevent vomiting) properties which can help people with headache disorders during an attack.
- CBD for Arthritis: CBD has antiarthritic, analgesic (pain relief) as well as anti-inflammatory properties and as such is a great option for people suffering from arthritis.
- CBD for Cancer: CBD helps relieve some of the symptoms of cancer as well as reducing the side of effects of cancer medication such as nausea, vomiting and pain.
- CBD for Epilepsy: CBD helps reduce the frequency and intensity of seizures in epileptic patients, and may also counteract some of the side effects of traditional anti-epileptic.
Best CBD Oils Compared
Alternatively, check-out our other CBD oil reviews below or take our CBD Quiz which has been designed specifically to identify the product and strength that is best suited to your personal needs: